Summer Palace banner time discounts not working as intended

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 100.12.43871.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

After much study, I’ve noticed that Summer Palace Banner Army train times are not being properly affected by the discount times that according to their descriptions, should affect Summer Palace training time as well. These cards are Banner School and Acupuncture.

There is currently a train time reduction when these cards are shipped, however they are way off the number provided by the card descriptions. For example Banner School should provide ‘‘Build Time +23%’’ but it’s about 7% actually (don’t take my word for it, I suggest your team to do the calculations themselves to get a more accurate approximation). Same problem with Acupuncture.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game with China and build Summer Palace wonder to Age up.
  2. Send either ‘‘Banner School’’ and/or ‘‘Acupuncture’’ cards.
  3. Count time, compare to original Summer Palace training time for any banner army, discover that the % bonus is way inferior to the +23% build time from Banner School or +15% build time with Acupuncture.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Summer Palace should be affected by the card ‘‘Banner School’’ by a +23% build time and by the card ‘‘Acupuncture’’ by +15% build time.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

Due to how effects are applied, first it reduces by 30% and then adds 23% to lessen the effect on summer palace. SO the end result is 30% - 23%= 7%.

Atleast it works that way in most other cards. Aztec train time card decreases all infantry train time, but increases skull knights’ by the same amount, effectively keeping the train time of skull knight unchanged.

It is a little weird way to present the stats, I know. It shows all the actual changes, instead of effective changes.

1 Like

I haven´t test it a lot but i think it is working fine, the thing is that with Banner Bchool it reduces the train time of the banner armies from the war academy, castle, fort, blockhouse, etc. by -30% but also for the summer palace, so as it is not intended to work that much for the summer palace, they add a +23% on the train time only for summer palace, so they add time to the generating rate to make it longer, so the 23% - 30% = -7% and the summer palace ends up having a total reduction of -7% to their generating rate. Same goes for the Acupuncture card, wich, if i recall correctly, in vanilla the Banner School card was the same but this one did not, so they must have buff them, so in this card is -20% but +15% for only summer palace, so the total is -5% so with both cards should be -12% train time for summer palace.

You are reading it incorrectly, it first reduces the train time globally for all banner armies by 30% ( making it train faster) including those from the summer palace

then it increases it again by 23% for the summer palace so the net train time change is -7% ( so it trains 7% faster)

The same applies to the acupuncture card, it reduces all train time by 20% (including summer palace and confucian academy) then increase it be 15% for a net of -5%.

This is technically a buff since in RE i think they just cancel out. Its still not that worth it except maybe in treaty

1 Like

Oh gotcha, that would explain why the calculation gave me 7% in one of those cases. It does sound unnecessarily complicated to put it like that in the description yeah…

1 Like

All text except the first bullet point is automatically generated based on effects of the card. That’s why it may sometimes seem unnecessarily complicated, it wasn’t written by a human this way.

1 Like