Support for other mouse buttons?

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if it just isn’t in the game. I am very used to playing rts games with other mouse buttons, namely mouse 4 for home base and mouse 5 for idle worker. It doesn’t look like I can assign anything to the extra mouse buttons.

6 Likes

Wait it is still impossible to bind MB4 and MB5? People were asking for it to be fixed during ‘closed beta’ playtests :confused:

These are also essential for me. I use them for ‘stop’ and ‘attack move’ commands.
I honestly don’t know what to say…

2 Likes

Yeah during the closed beta I assumed that it would be something fixed for the full release but here we are

2 Likes

There is already a thread with this, better not to create a new ones, let the developers focus on one thread.

are they focusing on anything here, though?
It was mentioned many times over the past few months, at least from what I’ve witnessed.

3 Likes

It’s a massive shortcoming and really annoying. One of many major problems with the way they have designed hotkeys in this game.

But there is a workaround. You can use your mouse’s software (Logitech G Hub, if you use a Logitech mouse, other gaming-focused mouses should have similar) to set up a profile that it switches to while in AoE4, and in that profile, map the mouse button to the key you want. For example, if you want mouse5 to be idle worker, then use the software to map mouse5 to “.”.

2 Likes

Can you link it? Because at the time of posting the OP I searched for one and couldn’t find one.

I had the same issue, my mouse is a Logitech one so I have used the G Hub software to map the mouse buttons to the relevant hot keys. Hope your mouse brand has something similar. :slight_smile:

Not a perfect solution but it will do till they fix it.

I can’t add AOE4 exe file in Logitech G Hub to create a profile? How did you do it?

Totally agree with that, and it was something many people including myself have reported multiple times both on the closed beta and the stress test.

Thanks, all! I hear you. We realize there is a lot more work to do in this realm.

2 Likes

Same. I have over 2000 hours in Aoe2 DE and always played with mouse hotkeys. Unfortunatly I can´t rly enjoy the game without. Thought it would get fix after beta but at least I hope it gets fixeds soon, so I can play the game.

The exe in question is called “RelicCardinal.exe”. If you’re using Steam it’s located in steamapps/common/Age of Empires IV/RelicCardinal.exe

I think Cardinal was the codename for AoE4, and Relic, obviously, are the devs.

I am playing the game on XBOX game pass for PC. I found the folder but I can’t add it on Logitech GHub because of some permission thingy on windows 10.

Ah, I see. I’m afraid I can’t help you with that. I don’t know how Game Pass games work. You might be able to find advice about other Game Pass games somewhere on the Internet. Maybe Logitech forums.

hast it fixed yet? I’m struggling to adapt to the game. thats really annoying

A solution that I can confirm works is posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/qdab4s/support_for_xbox_pass_games_in_g_hub/