Support for Russian voice acting!

Hello, dear team of community and developers of this wonderful game of ours. This is my first time on your forum and I don’t really know English, so for your better understanding, I used a translator.
Russian Russians have such a question - In our game, for the first time, a whole story, a campaign, for the Russian civilization, will be available, with many historical data and with a wonderful plot, it was already noticeable that in the game Russia has a Russian voicing of units.
And now the question is-Is it planned to add a Full Russian localization to the game in the future or at the time of release? (not only the text, but also the voice-over) After all, it turns out that this is the only full-fledged part of the series without Russian dubbing. Russian Russian campaign and historical videos are not in Russian, and it is somehow unpleasant to watch them.
Sincerely, Sergey! From Russia, with great love!

6 Likes

I think language localisation should be a priority for every AAA game these days, there should be no reason why Russian localisation may not be included. At the very least subtitles.

1 Like

This is where this is at so far, I am unsure what circumstances warrant the effort of full Audio localisation, but could be something bring to the table to argue Russian full audio is needed - however I dont think just because Rus are in the game, that that is an argument for language localisation…

3 Likes

Perhaps Microsoft thinks aoe4 has fewer players in Russia than elsewhere, so there is no local dubbing…

1 Like

I seriously doubt that less people will play AoE in Russia than in Italy or France. But game will cost more in these countries so maybe they expect bigger revenue or something.

1 Like

The Steam version will be voiced by 99% enthusiasts, but only if the game is popular.

1 Like

Russian is such a beautiful language I would add it anyway even if no one played from Russia :wink:

3 Likes

I had heard several Russians speak Russian, which sounds good…

3 Likes

personal opinion, i think both Germany, France and Italy would have good of not having full audio translation, so they can improve their English proficiency.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much for such attention to my topic about supporting full Russian localization for AOE4. It’s nice to see such a large number of responses. Thank you all again! We will watch the game and the news further.

2 Likes