Survey: why are you buying or not buying the DLC?

Let’s summarise a bit this forum’s opinions, conduct a little survey that could help the marketing team (you can pay me later, I’ll give you my IBAN privately :black_joker: ).

With this poll I want to turn into data the reason you are or are not buying the Sultans Ascend expansion. This could help for future updates and new content.

Comment if you have something to add, but anyway keep it tidy, pleez. :pray:

Thank you for participating! :smiling_face:

Are you buying The Sultans Ascend DLC? Why?
  • I’m buying it, love everything.
  • I’m buying it, but I’m dubious about Variants, for historical reasons.
  • I’m buying it, but I’m dubious about Variants, for gameplay reasons.
  • I’m buying it, but I don’t like Variants, I wish they weren’t introduced.
  • I’m not buying it, the Variants aren’t historical enough.
  • I’m not buying it, I don’t like anything about it. Nothing interests me.
  • I’m not buying it and I’m so annoyed by the Variants that I’m quitting the game.
0 voters
3 Likes

I’m in the middle of it. If the HRE does not get teutonic knight, I’m out. If they do, I’m in.

1 Like

It does not get teutonic knights

2 Likes

Nice summary, the poll is exhaustive !

1 Like

I buy it for the Camapinges . All new civ are nice but witout the Camapinges I would not buy it.

Ive lost my interest in the game, I feel like it lost it’s soul.

I even preordered the game :frowning:

3 Likes

“I’m so annoyed by the Variants that I’m quitting the game.” - doomers quitting the game for the 10th time.

9 Likes

Guess I’m out then, no big deal.

Very unlikely they ever get Teutonic knights considering that the Teutonic knights didn’t come from anywhere in the HRE. They came from the Baltic regions and settled later in Prussia.

Order of the Dragon do get some super MAA and Landsknechts, and hopefully HRE gets some love too.

It’s not impossible we get a Teutonic civ in the future however it would probably be quite a ways away as there are many places lacking nations

1 Like

Yet they will still be crying exhaustively with walls of text of the forums I assure you.

If this dlc doesn’t have Japan, I would be happy to purchase it.

That’s a first. What’s your issue with Japan, specifically?

1 Like

You know, all this drama wouldn’t existed if the devs just write the variants as “Factions” not civs. The fact that they don’t, is just baffling for me.

1 Like

Personally I find varant civ to be a more accurate term than faction, since faction implies it’s in conflict with the original civ.

1 Like

I don’t understand why is it in conflict with the original civs? That’s a really odd take btw

Should’ve added a “I don’t know yet” feature, because I await actual footage of the content.

Sorry to say but the civilization pages are nearly useless in terms of information. They’re extremely vague and I challenge anyone to look at an existing civilization’s version to gauge just how far off the actual designs they are.

There is also the case of campaigns that have yet to be shown in any significant capacity. That is also a big selling point of which I haven’t been given enough information on yet. So as of right now, I don’t know if I am buying or not. A burger can always look good in an ad, but you won’t know until you get your hands on it and actually take a bite.

I also remember what happened to AOM’s tale of the dragon DLC, so I am caution about new content, understanding that new content does not equate to good content. Some of the newer members to the community might not understand this.

1 Like

The poll is about the reasons for the decision, actually, that why being undecided isn’t contemplated.

Surely after release a couple surveys could be had, for a hot :fire: and cold :snowflake: mind opinion.

1 Like

I think the poll would make more sense when all the info about the dlc is available for everyone. I think the concept of variant civs is great for the game and for the right amount of contend in the future. But the marketing for the dlc is absolutely bad especially for the variant civs. Just three sentences with three screenshots. I mean we live in 2023 and not in 2003. And even for 2003 this would be bad. It feels like the streamers who played the dlc beta are almost in physical pain because they really want to say much more about the variant civs but the extreme strict nda is preventing it. But at least it seems the nda is going to be lifted before the dlc release

Well, I guess the poll can somewhat judge how effective the marketing was in delivering the correct message…

Yikes, roughly 2/3 of all players are saying they either have serious problems with or hate the variants. That’s bad.

1 Like