- Build: 100.13.18214.0
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Win10 Pro 64x
- Gamertag: ArcticEidolon [I think?]
Note: While I have played AOE3 since its initial release, hence probably quite familiar - DE has some adjustments that I’m definitely not 100% aware of; ergo - this could just be PEBKAC.
A [ Sweden ] player with many Mercenary activations + hirable from Barracks encounters a GUI problem where specific elements are missing. Specifically, American revolution - using the Minutemen card should add the option to levy to forts (tested existing and new); this does not occur. Here ‘barracks’ should be understood to mean any building that a Fort would source from, under normal gameplay. It’s an issue at the forts, after all.
Testing this card with other civs and relatively empty barracks, shows correctly. Further, if no mercenaries are unlocked at the barracks, it works fine for Sweden (with the possible exception of Kalmar Castle)
Suspicion: Either Kalmar Forts are treated differently by the game, hence the GUI elements may not even be getting added properly OR an overflow-x in the GUI such that the toggle to levy is either overdrawn or wrap:hidden. I think it to be the latter, but I’ve only tested this with Kalmar castle enabled.
Therefore, the save game was ‘played’ with this in mind, attempting to overload the fort GUI.
All games have been vs. AI. Bug independent of match selection details.
Here’s how to reproduce the problem:
- Multiple Merc Cards
- Kalmar Castle [unsure]
The general spirit of ############ should be “overload Barracks with as many units on offer as possible” though these specific instructions should ensure this. I think the lowest I’ve explicitly noticed this bug with has been +3 units in the Barracks (so above Pike, Xbow, Carolean). Given the nature of Fort produced units, likely factors in any additional unit unlocks above normal for Cav as well.
- Mercs enabled for Barracks recruitment via normal gameplay (ie: their cards, the Mercenary Contractor for Commerce->Fortress). Minimum of 3 when I’ve noticed, may trigger with fewer.
- I believe it is requisite to take Merc Contractor Politician (the Jaeger+BR hire Comm->Fort iirc)
4->a: Normal forts are bugged this way, go to 5 (untested)
4->b: [ Kalmar Castle ] sent
- Age up with [ Revolution: America ] at any convenient time
- Send the (revolution deck) card enabling Minutemen levy at forts + no HP-loss/time
- No option to levy said minutemen, or at least, it doesn’t show in the fort GUI like it does for other civs
Whomp whomp, no minutemen nor glorious popcap exploitation.
Note: Save file cheated to all hell, but this does not influence this bug.
- Kalmar Castle has been sent
- Merc Contractor (Jaeger hire + other stuff, taken for age up. I think it’s Comm->Fort)
- Swiss Pikes, Fusiliers, Highlanders sent from HC
- American Revolution Taken
- Minuteman Levy card (the revolution deck one) sent
- All choices geared to quickest route to this bug, ie, only the named cards sent
- Screenshot: Fort GUI post Minutemen Levy card (revolution deck)
- Video: None
- DXDiag: None
- Crash/Logs: None
- Save: AOE3DE Save - Sweden Fort Bug
Ayyy… what a pain in the arse…