Target audience of AOE 4? Is it more for kids/teens than adults?

Yeah totally. I loved reading all the history sections in AoE2 as a kid.

6 Likes

I did not read any history; I just tried to find out the many cheat codes

These posts about the age of the target audience always say so much more about the person writing the post than they do about the game.

3 Likes

Iā€™m 23 years old, but Iā€™ve been playing age of Empires series for 10 years. I first found this game in Chinese Internet cafes. Now, only my uncle and I still insist on playing the Empire era. Therefore, I doubt that there are most adult players in age of Empires series. However, because there are too many Chinese people, in Chinese peopleā€™s own age of empires A lot of people remain active on the forum, where I suspect the number of adults and minors is the same. The original age of Empires 2 and age of Empires 2: the age of king are still stored in the computers of some Internet cafes. I have reason to believe that if age of Empires 4 is successful, there will be more and more young new players. (donā€™t believe that there are more minor players because they donā€™t have money to buy gamesļ¼Œbut maybe we can wait. When these minors grow up and go to college, they will have money to spend. Now the production team can open more relevant forums, advertise more and sell more DLC. The consumption purchasing power of Chinese people is getting higher and higher, and these investments will always return )

1 Like

This is wrong. We can play this game, at least for now.
I can understand what you mean
I know what youā€™re worried about

Because I donā€™t want age of impressions to become more and more childish

Yeah, thats what I am starting to feel. The bright colors, people shouting, everything this game has attracts the kids. Maybe, thats how they see profit.

The same is in India. Many cyber cafes still have AOE 2, Gta vice city and old counter strike. Children still spent their entire day playing before covid happned. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yup, I agree. it certainly is not a bad game. We can skip few coffee and buy this game. Itā€™s just that they had an opportunity to make it legendary with all the details and revolutionary graphics that other games would take inspiration from. After all, its The Age of Empires, greatness is expected from them.

Yes, I still remember how its was easy to know where a battle had taken place in aoe 2 with those skeletons. Battlefield should never look pretty. Letā€™s see how mods crate a ā€˜bloody messā€™.

1 Like