Team building

This whole topic feels like “can I click on my ally’s buildings to spend my ressource on their units”. The answer is no, even if you can already heal their units.

If you think a team like an only one civ controlled by 2, 3 or 4 players at the same time I don’t see the problem. Anyway, the resources have to be taken and building has to be builded… if a Korean player focus on spread towers his eco will not be ss good for train huge army, beyond he construct the buildings or not

Teuton Farms, Malay Fish traps both come to mind as areas for abuse. also what determines how much food a farm has? who lays the foundation or who builds it?

except that’s not how the game works. its 2, 3, or 4 civs controlled by 2, 3, or 4 players. they help offset eachothers weaknesses. not completely remove them.

2 Likes

noo the building and its properties remain the ones of the player who spent the resources for it and placed the first stone. So u can’t profit from the malay’s fishing trap if ur not malay

no no you couldnt use the building, you can just finish the construction

malay and teutons both spend less resources on farms and fish traps. thus you have your teuton/malay ally throw down the foundation on the cheap, you finish it, and take it over.

but that already is possible, T90 made a video about it, but still it requires a lot of micro and i think it’s just simpler to research tech in the market and sling resources to your allies

No I just mean your reasoning would be the same as wanting “team production”

yes and in that video the teutons player had to walk his villager all the way over and actually build the farms himself. now imagine trying to do that for an entire team of 4 players.
now you cut that out completely with this change.

2 Likes

No. It would be too easy to exploit by allowing players to build in places where their own villagers could potentially not have access to.

1 Like