Team sabotage by early quit: make it bannable

MP Replay v101.101.59165.0 @2022.04.14 170630 (5).aoe2record (2.9 MB)

Another case of team sabotage by early quitters.

Why players like red are not banned? No wonder why some people’s ranked team ELO can only go for 0.

In 4vs4 games, if early quits happen, the match should automatically stop and no deranking should take place. The team with early quitters will lose 99.9999999999999% of times if the game continues. But it’s not just a matter of fairness, it’s a contract problem.

You signed in for a 4vs4 game, not a 4vs3 after 5 minutes. The contract is breached so your score should not be affected and you should be able to exit the game with no penalties after an early quit.

I’ve seen this several times. I will keep posting dirty players who like to sabotage others.

I 100% agree but isn’t it unfair for the other side? That way everyone could opt out of a game if they screwed up their start.

1 Like

One more early quit under 10 minutes. This is definitely harrasment case (orange), as the player didn’t even move from starting positions and stayed 10 minutes to trick his own team.

MP Replay v101.101.59165.0 @2022.04.14 175549 (1).aoe2record (2.8 MB)

Why orange player is not banned?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I am trying to warn. The game should just automatically stop, and the players booted out like if did not take place. A bit like in game unmatching cases (i.e. when there are not enough players, one disconnects before starting game interface loads… )

2 Likes

I agree that should be a bannable offense, from online play at least.

1 Like

Do you ever get fun games? It just sounds like all you ever do is complain about unbalanced team games. Just start playing with a prebuilt team, or play 1v1s.

1 Like

TG rating is broken from the launch and is still in need of a fix. It is ashame the devs are still ignoring this game breaking issue.

See also: Analyses of the ratings - Spotting the issues Many ideas on how to fix these issues are posted in that thread.

1 Like