Tech tree poster

Is there a high resolution info graphic poster or image which I can print on a large poster. It could be a Tech tree or even a book format.

2 Likes

could we have colorful artistic icons in techtree instead of that monochrome psychologist test?

3 Likes

Don’t ask too much, the tec tree of aoe4 is a total mess.

2 Likes

if its not available i can take screenshots from the in game menu tech tree and make my own.

2 Likes

maybe one day people will upload it on Age of empires wikia fandom

1 Like

Agree, the tech tree in the game is very ugly. Cant understand why they decided to go with a style like that instead of what we had in AoE2.

1 Like

I have no problems with the icons or how it looks. We’ll get used it. One of the reasons why it’s like that is to make it easily accessible for colourblind people. It’ll grow on you. My original request was to have the tech tree for at least one civ if not all in a printable format.

And it seems nothing of this sort is available yet. So I might as well just make my own.

Icons in Age 4 are boring, but are clear and useful (the dots show the level of the techs), the age 2 tec icons are a total mess and unintelligible. Squires with a sword make you run faster? Apples in a box means infantry cheaper? In the attack and armor for arches we have and arrow, why? And don’t talk about the total madness that is the monastery (a ray of light to convert siege units and buldings, wtf?)

Visually, the tech tree of age 4 only needs a gradient of colour between tecs of diferent age to be recognized at a glance.

Not that I agree with what you said anyway, but I was talking here about the way the tech tree is presented in AoE4. Instead of being laid down beautifully and clearly in a graphics scrollable from left to right, we have this ugly urbanistic industrial document which you also annoyingly scroll from top to bottom. It feels so cheap, it’s like no care was put into this either.

3 Likes

pss, there is a topic nearby on how ugly current UI is

https://aoe4tree.tech/ Regards.

6 Likes

That’s more like it, thanks!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the upgrades, improvements and unit icons.