Thank you Devs!

stil decreasing overtime. remenber that before was like 20k. the actual playerbase dont like the game so much as the numbers indicate.

1 Like

Yes , i know that , the nerf for china did made some players leave but i think we can recover .

once they leave they never come back. remneber that this was supposed to be the revival of rts game as it promised quality. Add that the quantity of games that re in the market (+the old rts).

Yep! Most AOE2 fans like me are not interested in AOE4 because it is incomplete and I feel it does not have many of AOE2ā€™s core mechanics and features. I feel like AOE4 is having an identity issue at this point.

It turned into a fantasy genre when it comes to projectiles. Where AOE1 and 2 kept basic physics alive and gave a proper medieval to the renaissance era.

1 Like

What? Are you kidding lmao? They never stated that they were going to inovate or doing a revival of the genre . That is what hype does . People just think that new AAA games are going to be the most revolucionary games of the time when the main idea wasnt that.

False , when good games get good changes even if the comunity is dead . People will return , see bf5 for example or the recent hype about the 1.5 update of cyberpunk . And even if the old player wont come back , New people will jump in so ā€¦

The thing is that , aoe4 it isnt supposed to be Aoe2 . While i agree that the game lacks legacy features , it doesnt mean that the game need to be like aoe2 or aoe3 .

Āæ? , it has the core gameplay of the Franchise , what is the problem? Is distinct enough from aoe2 and aoe3 , and it has good new aditions , civilizations are indeed better than in aoe2 and the core gameplay feels good . Identity issues? Thats what BF2042 is made of . Or should i say Battlenite apex rift Legens of Heroes? Because at this point i cant tell if bf2042 is a shooter . Hero shooter or Traditional shooter? IDK because it feels like a TRASH COD while it seems like APEX .

What is aoe4? A medieval RTS .

With hoaming projectiles and no friendly fire, it is not AOE!
This is why AOE3 failed hard.
It caused an identity crisis.
It didnā€™t have that proper technology.
Units had 100% accuracy.
AOE4 is just the worst.
At this point, it is a ā€œFANTASYā€ genre!

Yes, it does have a medieval to renaissance setting, but it does not bring proper technology and feelings. When 8th to 15th-century civs had hoaming projectiles? And siege friendly Fire is missing!
These are just a few reasons why AOE4 is experiencing an identity crisis. People who make decisions still did not understand it.

Why not? the Holy Rules of Aoe said so?

Let me remind you that in aoe2 you can convert siege units to your religion. Aoe always has been a Fantasy game while being somewhat realistic.

Aoe3 OG had NOT hoaming projectiles and people could dodge arrows and cannonballs . Aoe3 DE removed those features. Aoe3 failed because it was WAY ahead of its time.

The only thing Aoe3 is not superior to any other game of the franchise is the ECO gameplay . Because Aoe3 is the most detailed , inmersive and realistic game of the whole franchise.

Oh yes. Lets see if that is true when the game fully releases with all of its features , UGC tools and Camera Tools . Lets see what game is superior then . You aoe2 guys cannot see the potential of an 2022 3D game , and if Relic will let us basically create EVERYTHING as promised with the Content Creator . Aoe4 is going to explode of content .

AOE2 is the proper AOE of all time and ā€œStillā€.

Those are pretty logical and fun elements of the game! Sieges have operators so the devs thought ā€œyea, we can turn their belief and let them fight for usā€.

No! It did not bring that proper colonial-era feeling. Muskets had 100% accuracy, crossbow bolts had hoaming projectiles, People were also insulted. Many things to mention. It was a proper identity crisis for AOE!

LOL, AOE2 launched successfully and the majority of people loved it. Its player base was always very high even after it had dark 7 years of no updates at all.
AOE4 is facing a big player base loss because people are not feeling a proper medieval feeling because the game does almost everything for the player. They donā€™t have to care for their archers or units under siege 's line of fire etc. The battles are just about attacking that unit with that unit and mostly attack moves. In AOE2 battles were more micro intensive and that led to more constant actions that is incredible to watch. In AOE4, it is just farm and spam siege, donā€™t worry about much, just place them correctly and that is it because your units will hit anything that gets close.

It is just a ā€œFANTASYā€ genre in a medieval setting now.
A huge identity crisis.

What Aoe2 has to do with The holy rules of Aoe? i dont understand. Aoe2 is more popular just because the amount of content in it .

Yeah really logical indeed , But in aoe4 you guys start crying when you see Archers making Rams . Another thing.
hqdefault
Where is the operator?

Man , people who dont see that Aoe3 is the best game of the saga must have a lot of determination . It did bring the colonial era with the sounds and everything and siege HAD proper operators . IT WAS FUN . But then when i open Aoe2 i have to memorize like THE STATS OF THE 20+ CIVS AND THE UNIQUE UNITS because the game is more symetrical than Houses in Minecraft . And Aoe2 indeed failed bringing the ā€œMedieval feelingā€ with obese kings running at 50 km/h . and siege being converted into catholisicim

Ajam, forgotten empires? And players moding the game for the eternity? Aoe2 HD WAS going to die back in 2015 , And it did recover because Microsoft saw the potential about a a franchise who hasnt posted any game since 15 years .

A more relaxing experience for casual players , i really apreciate not having to be at the level of TheViper to play a ranked game .

Yes , siege is a problem , but the game without siege is seriouslly fun , back in stress test days when nobody used Siege i wanted to play MP , sadly now i only play against AI , its more enjoyable rn.

Yep , fantasy genre , fantasy franchise , Spain did not exist in 1500 , it was Castille and that stuff . But aoe2 has Spain as a civ. Realistic indeed.

1 Like

The logic during the development.
Remember it is a 1999 game! So it was easier to make it without an operator to improve performance for not capable computers!
Do you really think technology did not improve and advance for 23 years? You gotta get out!

Hmmm, so how do you identify AOE? If you wonā€™t take previous titles? and their identities?
Strangeā€¦ !

It was its capability during that time. You must understand the time difference of when the game was developed and technology was available etc.

About that king, it is just a mode with fun elements in it.

Nah, it wasnā€™t going to die at all. In 2013 players received HD, internet development, streaming was available and that brought players together.
Again, you are like a person who was living for 23 years under a rock.
And where is AOE4 modding? (Your answer is = Coming?) What a joke!

AIā€™s are worse than 1999 AOE2 AI. Take that and enjoy!

Spanish people did exist in 15th century independently as a civilisation and was the most powerful in Europe as the Kingdom of Castille and Leon. AOE sometimes give the empire name depending on its people. This is why we have the Mongols, instead of the Mongol Empire etc!

Im Talking about DE .

I truly dont understand what do you mean im sorry . ā€œso how do you identify AOE?ā€ Simple RTS , inspired in different times in history.

It doesnt matter if its older or not , Aoe3 its better right? Thats the point .

About the king , it was a joke .

Bruh , i think that telling another RTS player that he is living under a rock is a bitā€¦ Weird , considering that RTS is considered a dead genre . You are also living under a rock then.

ā€œIn 2013 players received HD, internet development, streaming was available and that brought players together.ā€

Did aoe2 got in 1999 Modding tools? NO! it wont matter the time .
Did aoe4 got modding tools in 2021 ? NO , it wont matter the time!

So what is the problem , because at this point i dont even remind what we were talking about honestly.

Oh , and i indeed enjoy , im not a good player so AI is not easy for me .

Civilizations are the worst of the saga in aoe2 , take that and enjoy!

I know spanish people existed , HECK im a spaniard and i know my history . But the TERM spain did not existed , it was Castille , Leon and so on.

#Aoe2Only , we dont have to name Mongol empire when we can just say Mongols , the name it self wonnt change , but Spain and Castille are different things

Bruh this argument is leading to the void . Im sorry but im cutting the rope.

if you need to force yourself to omit or create extra rulews to have fun with any games it means that the game lacks polish in the core.

but will be dissapointed. also rts is niche compared to fps or any other genre. there will not much new players in the future.

Crossbow bolts had a chance of missing in legacy AoE3.

In any case, I donā€™t think homing projectiles is the reason AoE4 is not as popular.

We get that you like AoE2. But no one said every AoE game has to be like AoE2.

If you love AoE2 so much, keep playing it as much as you want. But dont demand that other games have the same mechanics as AoE2.

AoE4 could do with more gamemodes, and other QoL stuff, more military diversity etc. But mechanics wise its fine. Doesnt need to be like AoE2.

agreed, if someone wants a specific change made to aoe4 and can make their case for it thats completely fine but i honestly think the game is a lot of fun and stands well on its own for what it is. just needs more balance changes and a couple more civs

Wrong!

Original is also the sameā€¦

AOE3 is not better than AOE2 because they didnā€™t keep AOE identity!
AOE4 doing the same mistake!

RTS is not a dead genre. It is just a much more difficult genre!

This means you donā€™t see what skilled players see, want, and need.

Read it againā€¦
or learn to read maybe?

Mongol is different than the Mongol Empireā€¦

You really need to study a lot before you comment too.
The Chinese never existed as an Empire, but many Dynastiles like Tang, Jing, Qing etc.
This is why they named Spain, instead of Castille, Leon etc.

Thats what makes AOE4 not AOE!
Basic physics is missing and gives a FANTASY feeling.

1 Like

you didnt understand , i was talking about about that in DE they perfectly could put operators .

What is the Aoe identity? Being aoe2 is not the aoe identity . Aoe3 was a really different game and its better than aoe2 in all of its aspects , except eco , it has FUN GAMEPLAY , wich makes me want to play everyday and its made for casuals . It has a great athmosphere , great graphics and the naval gameplay is superior .

Aoe1 was an idea
Aoe2 was an improvement
Aoe3 was SOMETHING DIFFERENT but it felt good
Aoe4 is like aoe2 , it has so many cores features shared with aoe2 . Its literally a reboot.

Its the same identity bruh , idk what are you trying to say.

._. , Yes you just proved me that im not the only one to live under a stone. Rts genre is prety much dead , lack of games released these years proved this .

Thats why i didnt used an argument of ranked or MP my boy . But its clear that aoe2 is Age of Mathematics 2

See my full responseā€¦
Oh and if you are telling me to read .
Learn to read in spanish then , Vamos a ver si te diviertes entendiendo un idioma que ni si quiera sabes o que estas aprendiendo.

Spain and castille is different too , such a shame that you dont want to admit aoe2 devs generalized an entire group of different civilizations by the time .

And aoe4 did great on implementing at least the Dynasties system to justify the generalization of those different dinasties .

Vague excuse. They could done something interesting with it .

Oh god , its so nice to hear a middle ground . Yes , you are completly right .

AOE2 has those real physics feelings to its projectiles in the historic time frame.
AOE4 is a FANTASY genre.

Thatā€™s what AOE did in AOE1,2,4.
They just generalise