That one scenario

I love the original age of empires. However i always was more of a campaign-single player guy than a multiplayer one ( i sucked online lol ). I have played all of the old campigns and enjoyed them so much. However, once in a while, i encountered a scenario that i could not defeat in any way on the higher difficulties: for example the babylonian Great Hunt and Niniveh scenarios kicked my a** several times. Especially the first one was just nearly impossible.

And you? What was your “impossible” scenario?

I always found Ctesiphon really really difficult for some reason

I hope we will get all of those great campaigns again! I’m so eager to see them. And I’m curious if the game will perhaps include new campaigns or give a chance for developers to add new campaigns like they’ve been doing on aoe2 in steam, that would be quite interesting and opens a world ofmpssibilities a new campaigns of the era that could be added!! Hopefully just as difficult as those impossible scenarios

I loved the one where you started only with one priest, one of the first campaigns I think.

@MereBracelet440 said:
I loved the one where you started only with one priest, one of the first campaigns I think.

Yeah. The voices of Babylon - Holy man. Really cool mission. Overplayed that one a lot of times.

The most impossible mission for me was Phyrrhus of Ephirus on hard mode. I never got passed that one somehow.

@LegoVogel Voices of Babylon was RIDICULOUS! I spent so long playing that one, and I could never get through it as a kid, either…

Haha The voices of Babylon i have today played, i have think: ,oh yeah when you was a kid you can`t win that, now you will win it, you know the best strategie…``, 15 min later i was dead :confused:

Edit: It was the mission 8, i dont know why, i didnt become the villager -.-

Nineveh (Voices of Babylon) was really difficult for me.

@RWNorthPole said:
@LegoVogel Voices of Babylon was RIDICULOUS! I spent so long playing that one, and I could never get through it as a kid, either…

I hope that the pure evil shown by the developers in Voices of Babylon campaign gets a bit more reasonable in the remaster :smiley:

@MereBracelet440 said:

I just played that one Yesterday. I was at a friends House and his little brother didn’t know Age of Empires. So I showed him this small mission. Took me about 45min, after I failed the first attempt in a matter of seconds.

Since I played the game at release, when I was 7, every scenario was very hard -if not impossible- for me to complete (except the tutorial campaign, with the Egyptians, which I loved). If I had to pick one though would be Land Grab, the first scenario of the Greek campaign: I got annihilated by the reds in a matter of minutes. :worried:

@RWNorthPole:
Yeah I remember as a kid I only converted 1 villager from yellow, and then bringing it back to the starting point, trying to build my base from there, and came pretty far (iron age :p)
Later on, I found out I had to build my camp inside of that of the yellow player, slowly converting the rest. But as a kid, I found that unfair. :stuck_out_tongue:

@LegoVogel said:

@RWNorthPole:
Yeah I remember as a kid I only converted 1 villager from yellow, and then bringing it back to the starting point, trying to build my base from there, and came pretty far (iron age :p)
Later on, I found out I had to build my camp inside of that of the yellow player, slowly converting the rest. But as a kid, I found that unfair. :stuck_out_tongue:

You could actually get to the iron age in that scenario? :open_mouth:

@Stryder said:
Yes. Eventually. I remember focusing on destroying yellow-player his navy to clear their dock, only to get some gold… Tough times… And I couldn’t make it. :stuck_out_tongue:

@LegoVogel said:

@Stryder said:
Yes. Eventually. I remember focusing on destroying yellow-player his navy to clear their dock, only to get some gold… Tough times… And I couldn’t make it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then we are referring to different scenarios of the campaign, I was talking to the first one (Holy Man), and I don’t remember any navy or watermass there, except for a small river!

@Stryder said:

Then we are referring to different scenarios of the campaign, I was talking to the first one (Holy Man), and I don’t remember any navy or watermass there, except for a small river!

Yes. Same one. But they’ll eventually build a dock in it. If you don’t kill the yellow player as I did back then. With ‘navy’ I meant 2 galleys or so :stuck_out_tongue:

@Stryder yep, hardest one i ever had.

@Stryder said:
If I had to pick one though would be Land Grab, the first scenario of the Greek campaign: I got annihilated by the reds in a matter of minutes. :worried:
That one killed me! I stopped playing AOE for a while because I was so tired of being stuck.

Years later, I had the revelations that “These campaigns are in alphabetical order”
And worse yet, “These aren’t in difficulty order! The other campaigns are so much easier!”

I loved Holy Man, that was just such a difficult scenario as a kid and when I finally got it right it was awesome. It took me ages back then to realize I had to convert villagers :smiley:

@sonictimm said:

@Stryder said:
If I had to pick one though would be Land Grab, the first scenario of the Greek campaign: I got annihilated by the reds in a matter of minutes. :worried:
That one killed me! I stopped playing AOE for a while because I was so tired of being stuck.

Years later, I had the revelations that “These campaigns are in alphabetical order”
And worse yet, “These aren’t in difficulty order! The other campaigns are so much easier!”

sudden realization after 20 years

Are the campaigns sorted alphabetically and not by difficulty? :open_mouth:

screams internally