The AI player fails to communicate with allied human players

Game Version:

• Build: 37650
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

When playing on the same team of an AI, the allied AI player fails to communicate several of its messages on the chat.

Messages like “I am going for a knight rush”; “I am advancing for Feudal Age”; “I am going for a fast Imperial Age” aren’t delivered for allied human players.

That’s all the chat log on a game with allied AIs at the 19 minute-mark:

It’s just the global message of players aging up

Now compared to when the AI is playing alone and you spect them, with the following method,

method

the AI sends all sorts of messages, but only to themself.

I can only assume that this is a bug, because I don’t see a reason for the AI to not interact proactively like that. It would only add up to the experience of having a teammate, making games with allied AIs even more fun.

It might be too much noise in the chat (especially if you have multiple AI allies). Perhaps this should be configurable in options and/or with a taunt.

1 Like

You think so? Well, I wouldn’t mind at all having a few messages from allied AIs occasionally poping up on the chat, I even welcome it :cowboy_hat_face:. I think that wouldn’t be hard to code the messages for them to be sent in a way that is not messy. And if a player happens to dislike it, solving it is simple as opening the chat tab and muting the AI players.

It seems, that these messages are for helping AI developer debug it. Some might be interesting, but others too cryptic inside info.

Yes, I think that only the meaningful should communicate. Those in the sense that I quoted on the original post.