[The Art Of War] Booming - "Imperial Age" icon in Town Center is missing

Okay, technically this screenshot is just from a new try, as I had gotten to the 100 vils, had a university and monastery down, and was about to click up with like 5 seconds left to get gold only to find the research missing still which was very sad and made me alt+f4 which I realized a second later was a bad choice haha.

I’ve updated to the latest February patch, but I’m still running into the same bug where I can’t click up with monastery and university. I have to build a castle in order to advance to Imperial.

3 Likes

Same thing. Building monastery and university doesn’t work with Feb patch. @PhillySouljah

Game Version:

• Build: (101.101.35584.0 4714640)
  • Platform: (Steam or Microsoft Store)
  • Gamertag: zzilm7669

Issue:

Art of War scenario Booming has no button at the TC to advance to Imperial, even after building a castle, castle age buildings, etc.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Load the game, go into the Booming challenge in Art of War
  2. Select the TC

Screenshot:

Can confirm. I met all the requirements . I had all the resources and two castle age buildings but the for some reason it never appeared. Only after making a castle the imp button appeared. In a normal game you should be able to click up after building just two castle age buildings.

This is not a bug. Age up is only available when you meet other requirements: you need to make 100 villagers first.

Having two castle age building being not enough (must build castle) is bug though but it’s separate issue.

Button should still be shown, displaying requirements for clicking it

No this is same for all art of war missions. this is because otherwise could press to advance before they got requirement set by mission and because of that fail to get any medals.(it takes a long time to advance and it’s meant to be last thing you do)

See below:

As you can see from trigger list It’s clear that it’s intended. Has two buildings" and “Has castle” triggers both enable trigger that allows you to see imperial age tech in TC. “[D] 11 - 100 villagers” Trigger enables these two

“Has two buildings” trigger is not working properly so only “has castle” trigger works.

I am not sure how these triggers were made originally but by current set up i don’t know how it could work.

1 Like

7 weeks after the initial bug report, and this is still happening.

1 Like

Hey @PhillySouljah,
please be aware that bug hasn’t been fixed with the newest patch (101.101.35584.0 4714640) - that may mean it’s not fixed internally yet.

As per screenshot I have 100 population, monastery and university; a lot of wood and gold - Imperial Age button is still not there

Btw. I also noticed that similar bug was communicated as fixed with update 34699 (January 21st, 2020): " ‘Booming:’ Fixed a rare issue where the Imperial Age upgrade could not be unlocked." So the current bug may be regression, that reappeared and still needs to be fixed

Game Version: 101.101.35584.0.4714640

• Build: 35584
  • **Platform:**Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Sakke36

Issue:

building standard Castle age buildings does not trigger imperial age-up button; building a Castle does.
Both cases were with enough resources for the age-up, and 100 vills.
This makes this mission a lot more difficult (I don’t mind, but I just don’t think this is how it is supposed to work)

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

1 Like

Hi @AntiBanaan, This is a known issue.

Fixed with the Spring Update [101.101.36202.0 4819260], as per release notes:

Booming: Players can now properly advance to the Imperial Age after building two Castle Age buildings, rather than having to build a Castle.

Tested on my PC, it’s working!