Button to advance to “Imperial Age” is missing from Town Center

Reproduction Steps:

1. Select “The Art of War” scenarios from main menu
  2. Select “Booming” scenario
  3. Skip scenario description and intro movie
  4. Wait till game is loaded
  5. Close ‘Objectives’ window
  6. Click Town Center building
  7. Bug: “Imperial Age” button is missing; Expected state: “Imperial Age” button is there, but inactive till user gathers resources and builds 2 Castle Age buildings

8 Likes

Same thing happened to me, I think the icon only appears after building a castle.

As you can see I have all the requirements for imperial age but technology still doesn’t appear, in another try I could see it after building a castle.

4 Likes

I am experiencing the same issue. I can only advanced to the imperial age in this scenario after building a castle.

For me it popped up after I built the two castle age buildings (uni + monastery) and achieved the challenge’s villager count

1 Like

@play150,
please see above post from @Faru94 - he has monastery and university visible on the screen, but Imperial Age icon is still missing from Town Center

2 Likes

Saw this in the recent patch notes and seems it is still not fixed. 100+ vills and no imp upgrade button on any of my 4 town centers.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975681987/screenshots/

Art of War

• ‘Booming :’ Fixed a rare issue where the Imperial Age upgrade could not be unlocked.
3 Likes

After the latest update I have found that the Art of War Booming challenge will only let you click up if you build a castle, rather than just two castle age buildings. Last few tries I have built a University, Monastery and siege workshop but the imp button did not appear. I then stayed in the game and built a castle and only then did it let me click up.

6 Likes

Same here, it makes it nearly impossible to get gold having to build a castle now. Hoping this gets fixed!

2 Likes

Yes, this is incredibly annoying and disappointing, do NOT let this go unnoticed and slip through

3 Likes

Having the same problem, steam user

1 Like

Same issue here, hope this gets fixed by the next update!

1 Like

Game Version:

Latest version AoE2:DE

• Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Hello,

I’m working my way through the Art of War and under the booming campaign the option to advance to Imperial refuses to show, unless I have a castle. As far as I know, there isn’t anything in the guidelines of the mission that should bound me to necessarily building a castle.

Attaching a screenshot that I snagged that reflects the issue. Everything should be fulfilled and ready to advance, unless I’m missing something.

EDIT: I built everything BUT the castle and it still did not show. When I did build a castle, it showed.

3 Likes

Good day, everyone!

Game Version:

• Build ((101.101.34793.0 4597979))

Issue:

In the art of war training challenges, in the booming mission, the goal is to advance to the Imperial Age as fast as possible. As far as I’m aware, you should be able to advance when either 2 out of 3 castle age buildings are built, or a castle.
The bug is this: The button to advance only appears when both of these conditions are met (and only then):

1. You have 100 Villagers
  2. You have built a Castle

Building Siege workshop, Monastery, and University doesn’t work!
In the picture I have a Monastery, a University, and a Siege Workshop built, but the button to advance doesn’t appear.
Imgur

Reproduction Steps:

Go to the Art of War section of the campaign, select booming mission, build 100 villagers, build a Siege Workshop, a Monastery, and a University, select a Town Center.

In Skirmish mode everything works as normal, building a Monastery and a University works just fine.

On another note, having the button always visible during the mission will give new people like me an idea of how much resources I should have to advance. The first time I did this mission, only after achieving 100 villagers, building all 3 Castle Age buildings, and then a Castle was I made aware how much the Imperial Age upgrade costs.

Have a nice day.

1 Like

I am having the same issue as mentioned previously.

Castle is the only way to qualify for the imp. age upgrade.
I have tried combinations of university, siege workshop, and monastery to no avail.

1 Like

Just had my game updated to version 101.101.35209.0 4667120. Bug is still there as per screenshot

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build ( 101.101.35209.0 4667120)
  • Platform : Steam

Issue:

No Imperial Age upgrade in the Art of War Booming mission available.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play the Art of War Booming mission

Notes:

No mods enabled in reproduction
Verified game integrity files
Happened through restarts

You NEED a castle to progress to imperial age, 2 castle age buildings aren’t needed.

The Imperial Age technology becomes researchable once you have built a Castle or 2 of the following 3 buildings: University, Monastery, or Siege Workshop AND achieved the 100 Villager objective. Hope that helps!

Hey @PhillySouljah,
as you can see on the screenshot above I attached 5 days ago, I have both condition met:

• 100 villagers
  • monastery and university built

and Imperial Age technology still isn’t available.

1 Like

I’m sorry. You’re absolutely correct, @zabijucha. I was misinformed. This has been fixed internally and will be updated on the next patch. Sorry for the confusion!

For now, building a Castle AND reaching 100 Villagers will allow you to research Imperial Age to complete the Challenge.

2 Likes