The disgusting trick to dodging a stockade, did you think about it, developers?

Lucifron’s disgusting trick is about cutting down the tree around your opponent’s palisade.

With 10 seconds a tree is cut down and it is not necessary to return to a logging camp to continue cutting down more trees.

I do not know if you did not think about it, that there was the possibility of doing that trick but it should be modified.

The proposal and solution is the following: that it does not allow walking in a tree until it has extracted all its resource, as it happens with gold and stone, it is not possible to go over a stone until all the resource is consumed, it must be applied in a the same way in the trees.

5 Likes

It is an absolutely disgusting feature and game ruining thing at the moment
I can get the upgrade and rush with my army without rams because I can use a single villager to secretly pass the wall xD

Yea, it should be like AOE 2. since the stealth and the normal forests work differently in AOE 4

3 Likes

This is not a bug. Merry Christmas!

9 Likes

Using trees as a part of your security perimeter is a strategically relevant risk. So, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

10 Likes

100% agree that one should not be able to pass cut trees.
Certain maps make it impossible to utilize walls (black forest).

1 Like

I know that this is not a bug, but if it continues like this, your entire palisade will not work if a villager cuts down a tree in 10 seconds, I mention it because of the upcoming patch.

Hera used this disgusting trick in the last tournament

And a worse consequence is that although it is possible to transit, it is not possible to rebuild the palisade.

1 Like

And it can be easily avoided by making archers and leaving them on stand ground behind walls do they kill any villager they see.
If you want to wall on the tree line and get away with booming and turtling your way to imperial while making zero units than its on you if something like that happens. It’s only fair to be able to punish that kind of play, it gives more options for aggression and it makes the game less boring that way.

not even professionals can guard their villagers because you can’t be in two places at the same time, even if you have alerts, even worse the game doesn’t alert you if a villager cuts down a tree, that was useful in aoe2 now it’s not necessary and it’s something disgusting, you guys just come for the game to be like your aoe2

This is why you leave archers on STAND GROUND formation near the weak point of the wall, they will shoot the vill themselves whenever they see one without you even need to look or do anything.

@HasanIchess

Why are u making serveral topics about a thing what is simply summariesed by “clever use of game mechanics”?

Walls are giving u a small amount of vision so u should see this.

End of the discussion imo

3 Likes

It is surprising that they insist on disgusting Turkish, they use it and I am sure that they do not raise “elo”, it is a pity

ha, they only kill him with archers, while the villager is cutting down the tree, in 10 seconds the palisade has been mocked

It takes 10 regular archers shots to kill a villager. 5 archers will kill a villager way before he finishes chopping the tree.
Honestly mate you are making a big drama over something that is pretty easy to avoid.

1 Like

the game has problems YES ! But to cut a tree down to walk beside a wall isnt one.

its a CLEVER USE OF A GAMEMECHANIC.
End of the of depating.

Dont wall on forests would be a thing that u could learn out of it and u would have a point less t flame on.

If ur playing AoE4 like a city sim than go for anno or something.

I would be realy mad if they would change this.

Try to play against china on blackforest with a aggresiv civ like english and u would be f… everytime.

2 Likes

I knew I would say that, that’s a disadvantage if I have my army on the walls and not where the battle is, they defend a dirty trick to win easily and yet they don’t raise “elo” it’s a shame.

use it, surely it doesn’t raise elo anyway, it’s a shame

I’m glad you care more about game balance.

1 Like

Im very invested in it. U can check all the posts that i allready did about it and with a little self prob everything i asked for was done allready.

Because it makes sense and its not onesided.

Like I said. Wall in the future without a forest and u will have no probs with it. U should ALWAYS have a look on the walled woodline. U could easiely chope urself a whole in the wall with ur woodline.

And If u see a vill choping a whole from the enemy u can get the next wall up.

Fastwalling aka only compliting the first % of a wall is incredible fast so let ur micro shine a bit :stuck_out_tongue: