The game doesn't exit properly after (unfinished) loading event mods using a slow speed connection

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.10162085.0 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The game doesn’t exit properly after (unfinished) loading event mods using a slow speed connection

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Use a slow speed connection.
  2. Profile>Collection>Event Mods
  3. Close the game before loading all event mods
  4. Enjoy the background sound of the main menu while the game off
  5. close the game using task manager

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @NightFury8985 !

We could not reproduce this issue, does it happen for you everytime?

Thanks!

Hey, yes it happens everytime after loading event mods when using a slow connection on both windows 10 and in windows 11 even after a clean windows install. I had this bug for a long time.

I think I have figured out what causes the problem. The main cause is the rooter that I use. This happens only when I am connected to my rooter which I think have some type of firewall. so something about the connection not properly disconnected/terminated is stopping the game from properly exiting

1 Like