The game has frequently frozen during the game

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.54684.0 0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

From a few days, the game has frequently frozen during the game, with the screen fixed, the music playing, but without being able to do anything at all because the game is completely frozen for approximately five or ten seconds.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

I have the same problem, it makes the game unplayable. I have got steam version

Hey, does this still occur?
Did you try verifying the game, reinstalling it?

I’m not sure if this is the same bug/problem, but my game (on Steam) recently used to have very frequent freezes as well (and it would after the freeze speed the game up again “to catch up”).

For me the freezes started happening, perhaps coincidentally, after I bought the two DLCs and installed them. Tried reinstalling both the DLCs separately and then together with the game with no effect.

What fixed the issue for me was creating exceptions for my antivirus, for the entire AoE2:DE folder.

1 Like