The graphics are too much in AOE 3 DE

Of course I know. I mentioned this problem on the first day AoE3DE launched and my solution is exactly to set Foliage to normal too. (Did you notice the heart I gave to the first reply when I saw this topic?) My thought of the my first reply is just hope AoM don’t make the same mistake. That’s why I mentioned the engine of AoM. Then I took the opportunity to raise the issue of unit identification. Because I think it’s an overall problem.

i’d say foliage is fine, as long as there are options to tune it down, its not like aoe3 de looks bad with lower foliage settings

ofc how AOM retold should handle it is a very interesting discussion, especially when you consider what kind of RTS aom is at its core, but this should be discussed in a dedicated thread, this thread is being derailed enough

1 Like

I exactly know what I want. I may be asking too much but isn’t this what this forum is for? Providing the feedback of this game?

ok, fair, but if the topic in the thread isn’t at least slightly related to your feedback, then maybe think twice before derailing it (this thread was purely on foliage settings to help op out, 0 connection with unit visuals)

Foliage is NOT fine. If the developers were aware of this problem, this problem would not have happened in the first place.

reads first 6 words, forgets the rest, at least put in the effort to understand what is being said
answer this, do you have an option that allows you to tune that foliage down to what suits you?
based on ingame graphics settings, you absolutely do, so whats the problem here?
if you call aoe4 grass done right, thats just like grass of this game but with no ambient occlusion or physics
and besides, ambient occlusion can be disabled even, so even less of an issue

2 Likes

Then why did you respond? The discussion should be stopped several hours ago. Why do you tag me on purpose? Do you have personal grudge against me?

all good there? if i had a grudge you’d be dmed by now, just stop ignoring counter arguements that solve all your problems with the game

giving me some real vibes of this:

The only time units are hard to distinguish are when your player color blends in with the foliage, very rare problem anyway. Foliage is fine, you can always adjust your settings to turn it down if you like. The units are very clear, there are only a few stances for each unit type. It pretty obvious once you’ve played the game a little bit. Also if you hover over the unit it will tell you the unit tag so if your not sure on appearance do that. So if you can’t tell the difference either your new and learning the game or don’t pay attention and are to lazy to look at the tags

1 Like

also lets not forget you can set player colors to whatever you please, another effectively solved issue right there

1 Like

Very true. methinks some people just don’t know what they are talking about and like to complain.

?
What counter arguements I ignoring?
So I can’t make any comments here?

literally all of this if i have to sum it up
i’ll stop replying as its pretty clear you can’t handle a counter arguement, hopefully you can learn a thing or two in the future as you clearly want to play the game despite not liking smt about it

1 Like

All you need is maybe simply a more “optimized” default graphics setting when one launches the game for the first time, if you care about newcomers to the game.

Just like you only need a better tutorial to “solve” 95% of the “too complicated” problem.

There is no need to overcomplicate simple solutions.

2 Likes

Foliage isn’t a problem. It is fine and everything is clear. And that is why graphic settings exist, change it to what best suites you.

1 Like

我調整好幾次了啦。 :unamused:

Foliage這個東西如果製作團隊有意識到這個問題,
從一開始就不會把整個地圖弄得花花綠綠的。
而不是還要讓玩家一個一個去調整。
這會給我一種感覺就是說,好像製作團隊就只是單純的把材質外包出去,
然後通通加在一起,就可以變成一個決定版出來賣這樣。

AoE4,還有像是SC2
我進入遊戲後給我的感覺就是說
噢~他們確實真的有注意到這個問題,
然後我確實感受到他們確實有對這方面特別做了很多努力
(當然成果好不好因人而異)

我不是很喜歡暴雪的遊戲,
可是不得不說,他們的遊戲畫面給我的感覺就是,
每一個東西都是精心設計過的。
但是我很喜歡AoE3的遊玩方式啊!
我很喜歡村民不用蓋採集建築,我很喜歡簡化的資源,
所以我當然就會想說 真希望SC2有的優點
在AoE3上也可以看到嘛!

其實我也不抱期待說,AoE3可以改到像是脫胎換骨一樣,
所以我把期望放到AoM上。
我會提到這個就是希望說也許製作團隊看到了這個
這樣之後他們在製作AOM的時候,
也會去仔細考慮到到這方面的事情。

AoE2還在HD的時候我可以自己做做模組
那時候我時間很多而且HD的2D模組的技術含量很低,
現在我也只能在論壇提一下然後看看有沒有極低的機率會被採納了。
:nauseated_face:

所以我的意思是制作组可以预设一个更友好的初始设定,虽然我不觉得这是个很普遍的问题,不然论坛上早就被提起无数次了,而且应该早就被解决了。
我印象中这部分早期patch里调整过几次。

有啦!
我還記得AoE3DE剛出來的時候一堆人批評畫面比原版還差。
現在還在玩的大概都已經習慣了吧。

that one was due to inability to turn of anti aliasing, nothing foliage related, also was patched in like under a week, now truly done responding

1 Like

所以已经调整过几次了。现在如果没有很多人反映这个问题,说明基本上已经到了一个普遍接受的水平了。
话说回来“画质看起来比原版/旧作还差”这种言论啥游戏没有…而且现在看也并不是很多人就回去玩原版了,只是有些人声音比较大而已。

刚发售时比这更大的问题多了去了,修了半年才修好。