The Haudenosaunee should be able to mine

Something that always bugged me about the mining changes to the Haudenosaunee and Lakota is that the ores we see in the game are native ores, meaning they’re exposed surface metals, and in real life the Haudenosaunee did extract and exploit these, they even had copper axes before the Europeans arrived.

So them being unable to exploit surface ores in the game makes no sense.

13 Likes

Thanks god please remove this unreasonable, unfair extra building time for tribe market and extra cost for same goldmine tech of them.

3 Likes

It’s always bothered me too, considering they do have a history of metallurgy. Hauds are one of my favourite civs, but there had to have been a better solution than changing mining to a bunch of setters hanging out under a car port.

7 Likes

Being able or unable to mine is not the reason it was removed from the natives. They removed it because mining is culturally taboo for the Lakota. But obviously that doesn’t apply to the Hauds so it’s really frustrating why they would impose a mechanic that ruins the civ. What they should have done is give Lakota a unique coin gathering mechanic, and left Hauds alone.

13 Likes

Hell, in the first Haudenosaunee mission they bring attention to the enemy Haudenosaunee copper mines as part of the story!

1 Like

I’d also kinda like to know who did they consult to determine Haudenosaunee shouldn’t mine. Because I’ve read the justification for the Lakota and it checks out, but I’ve never seen any Haudenosaunee people come forward or seen evidence that they didn’t actually practice mining.

12 Likes

Their Lakota consultant’s advice was bridged over and assumed to be accurate for the Haudenosaunee.

12 Likes

That is some peak laziness and negligence if you ask me.

9 Likes

They marketed the Lakota + Hauds as though they were going to fix the issues with them and then proceeded to add an extra step to mining and renamed the firepit.

What, were you expecting actual effort? If it’s not a European civ, don’t expect shit from them.

6 Likes

Careful, you might summon the “split the Germans” crowd. :rofl:

6 Likes

I was gonna say they same, they did a great job with the euro dlc, but id like if they put the same attention in the native american civs. I’d also like to know if they had any Haudenosaunee consultant advicing them if rhey shouldn’t mine either. Some people might think its not that important, but it really is considering the amount of work they put to make Europe feel alive and diverse and then using a trait that allegedly should only be for the Lakota to represent distinct peoples just because they happen to be on the same continent.

3 Likes

Yup, let them mine!

No broad strokes with all the natives please.

6 Likes