The last 2 Civs Confirmed

It is actually both the Mongols and the English.
That is why there will be 2 campaigns featuring the English, and 2 featuring the Mongols.

I do not exaggerate education in the Middle Ages was the privilege of a few in both Western and Eastern Europe. there was a feudal system. compulsory education starts with the Enlightenment and then becomes more accessible. most of the inhabitants of the medieval states were farmers

that’s why I asked you who you think would be a better choice and we have a discussion about that as far as I know. I have no preconceptions or nationalist views on anything

Oh, that was not me, I just later replied to you mentioning Turks and Spanish as less relevant in this timeline
actually the only civ out of 8 that really bothers me is the HRE

graphics are very important to me, I thought they would show both today, because we have known the names of civilizations for 2 months

In fact, I am shocked by the Russophobia of some inhabitants of this branch, real “historians” who declare that Russia was not important in the Middle Ages, forgetting in Veliky Novgorod which was the largest trading point on the way “from the Varangians to the Greeks” and regularly beat the Scandinavians The principality of Kiev, which is the center of Orthodoxy and enlightenment, as well as marked by victories over Byzantium, and the Vladimir-Suzdal principality, which gave a powerful rebuff to the nomads, was the largest formation and shield of the Russian lands. I’m not talking about Russian merchants, artisans who influenced Europe, as well as the fact that Rus-Russia is the largest nation-building in Europe and its integral part.

5 Likes

Why?
They were, by far, the most powerful and relevant Western state in the period.

Also makes no sense to have 100 Years War or founding of Russia campaigns, without the HRE.

3 Likes

That’s right, the Empire is the most important state of medieval Europe, it cannot but be at the start.

1 Like

The other most powerful state, the Byzantine Empire, is sadly missing.
I hope it will be on one of the first DLCs, with Venetians and Turks, and perhaps even Bulgarians, down the road.

2 Likes

I am sure that it will be, and it is quite possible in tandem with Turkey

1 Like

Well, because I think I’ll be barely able to distinguish French, English and HRE armies and towns since this region seems to be overpopulated with civs 11
personally i would like to see Eastern Roman Empire instead of the Holy one (or some aztec dudes for diversity idk)
that being said, the Empire was a really important entity in the Medieval Europe so it’s still fine i guess, the game would be Eurocentric anyway

1 Like

I honestly think that the thought process went like this, we have two campaigns and we need an event that would allow us to involve as many different civilizations as possible. then they saw that it was impossible to have moguls without showing their campaigns that reached as far as Europe, that’s where the Russians get into the story. then I think they saw that unlike other Slavs who had either Central European or Balkan Byzantine architecture, the Russians have a very unique, so probably because of the distance, isolation and the development of a cultural and artistic sphere that was very different in relation to the rest of Europe they chose the Russians, as well as because the representatives of the Slavs, a large market, a large group that would otherwise be left without a representative and occupies half of Europe and would certainly be sometime in the final version

2 Likes

What a terrible take.

1 Like

HRE can interact with Rus Abbasids and French

1 Like

In fact, Charlemagne, the founder of the HRE, had a War Elephant called Abul-Abbas, that was literally given to him by the Abbasid Caliph.

" In the Middle Ages, elephants were seldom used in Europe. Charlemagne took his one elephant, Abul-Abbas, when he went to fight the Danes in 804, and the Crusades gave Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II the opportunity to capture an elephant in the Holy Land, the same animal later being used in the capture of Cremona in 1214, but the use of these individual animals was more symbolic than practical, especially when contrasting food and water consumption of elephants in foreign lands and the harsh conditions of the crusades."

1 Like

Yes, who cares about Constantinople

Doesn’t make the Rus’ a top-tier civilization of the era. Russian territories were mostly a raw material source for more developed countries.

How is that so?

Well, still good enough reason for me to desire something from other region to be included instead

And yeah, I also believe we’ll get Byzantines asap.

Actually I think they should let go of either England, HRE or French. Most logical candidate would be England but it is understandable that they are here since they are important for American audience.

No, not at all. And at this point, you make it seem like you have something personal against both Germans AND Slavs.

It is not at all normal, to thing the HRE, the French and the English are all the same.

The civs are set in stone, they are not going to let go of anything, now.

Please, read my comments abouts the existence of Spaniards and Spain during the medieval ages:

And this other comment is more or less the direction I would like the devs take to design the Spanish Civ:

1 Like