The map ban system and why is it so wrong

I have given my opinion about this attitude in more detail in the Alt-f4 thread, so I won’t repeat much here. But let me describe you my experience as someone who sometimes wants to play megarandom, a historically divisive map.

I queue up for a team game, ban Arabia (most frequently picked map) from 4v4 or 3v3. At my elo (22–), it takes about 3 to 6 minutes to get a game. I get matched, see it’s megarandom, but my excitement soon makes way for a worrying thought: who will alt-f4? Will I even get to play? And about halfway through the countdown, a team mate’s name disappears, and disconnected all 7 players are.

I que up again. Having banned arabia, queuing takes longer, it’s 7 minutes now. Hurray, megarandom again (that’s lucky, btw). But again, suddenly we all get disconnected. I queue up again, but because of course, I get matched in an Arena game, which I hardly enjoy - but will still play, because I don’t dodge.

So no, it doesn’t just impact you. If you’d play other maps than arabia you would know how unlikely it is you even get matched for your map. And how frustrating it is when, if you are that lucky, some idiot decides to selfishly dodge with alt-f4.

2 Likes