The Mongols

i have never beaten a mongol player with a group of 50 horses of those, ever… so pleaseee if theres any clear counter i’d truly appreciate the answer haha

Dude u were the one complaining that mongol’s Lancer is second to worst. Which I clarify that no they are better than at least half, then why you keep bringing unrelavent stuffs in to the argument. Ofc if you do this everyone can bring how OP mongol is like Khan buff, steppe redoubt, double production, yam network, ger, pasture, and so on. It seems like you don’t know how to argue at all.

“Mangonel shots are not homing.”

• 100% accuracy value on mangonels would disagree.

“if you run 4 mandugai behind a gold mine, you pick up a vill, if they send spears, you kill a spearman, if they respond with horsemen, you kill a horseman and retreat, how do you lose mandugai?”

• Towers, against real players, there are always defensive landmarks and towers, preventing mangudai from getting use due to their cost.

"It’s an excellent hit and run unit. Firing while retreating, running circles around your engaged forces, supporting with arrows while on the move, Not built for direct combat. "

• According to who? Mangudai is one one of the LEAST TRAINED units in the game, why is this? According to the description on Mongols - Age of Empires

“The Mangudai are the star of the Mongols’ fearsome military, a supreme horse archer that excels at hit-and-run tactics.”

This is not true in the game at all.

Its now whinging to want the UU of the mongols to actually see gameplay? Grow up.

Those buffs to my knowledge, affect cavalry.
Sure, you can bring up the khan buff, that affects the units.

Try answering my question though.

If your statement stands true, why, in your opinion do no Mongol players ever build cavalry?

• Surely, if they were as good as you claim, they’d be the number 1 produced unit.
  • Spearmen and towers are… Why?

Hey, you are the smartest guy online, put in your app for lead game designer at relic.
Anybody can dodge a mangonel shot. Cheers!

Oh, Sarcasm! The highest form of wit!

Do you find mangonels OP? - #7 by EricGonzalezM

There is a thread discussing mangonel 100% accuracy. They only miss if they die after firing.

This thread is just people who dont play mongols, dont know anything about mongolian history or culture and are bitter at losing to the cheesy tactics that they’re forced to use in game to compete.

1 Like

didnt claim that It was good or the number one. I SAID it was above average comparing to lancers from other civs. I think you should work on trying to understand simple sentences.

Using units in this game depends on the situation, ofc lancers and mangudai are used from time to time
as mongol, you will find yourself a lot of time with plenty of gold to spend, therefore, can easily spamming knight. For maneuvering. When HA was OP, a lot of mongol player go for Mangudai for controlling the map/relic.

1 Like

" I SAID it was above average comparing to lancers from other civs. "

• Only if you don’t take into account those civs buffs.

I guess all the pros are just sleeping on lancer/mangudai combo right?

Have you considered what buff u got like yam network or Khan armor, or Khan attack speed boost? Not to mention shear number and better eco you could get to outnumber them.

Better saying pro sleeps on Mongol becuz they dont wanna play an OP Civ?

The mongol lancer have been used from time to time in the pro game, I saw beasty using the Mangudai against russ.

Most of the time, in pro matches, players use 90% infantry as Mongol civilisation. It is because of the low cost of 2x stone ovoo production compare to cavalry. That leads to mass infantry (including archers and all foot troops) owning the game from the beginning. The Mongols can execute too complex an army due to it. And its infantry is the best infantry due to low cost and high stats that is boosed by unique infantry upgrade.

It needs to be cavalry civilisation as it is stated, just like the French but with a variety of cavalry units. But sadly most of the pros and high-level players play the Mongols as infantry civ. Mangudai is useful in Feudal and useless in every other age. Some pros play the Mongols properly training cavalries bcse comments always request to play them as it should be.

4 Likes

Be respectful towards other forum users per the code of conduct. Closing this topic because it is going nowhere fast.

1 Like