THE MOST ANNOYING AND LASTING BUG (Screen panning on its own)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 15.59076 (January 31 2024)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

This is an issue that kept happening almost from the release of the definitive edition.
It’s a “game ruining” experience.

What happens is that, by chance, suddenly the screen starts to pan quickly to the SOUTHWEST corner of the map, not stopping unless you mash the arrow keys to counter it, but after it happens once, it happens again every time you use the SHIFT or CTRL keys.

As a consequence, you can’t micro any units because the screen moves away every time you try to use either SHIFT or CTRL keys, and you spend more time trying to stop the bug than playing the match.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

Seems to be triggered by pressing SHIFT and the arrow keys at the same time, maybe by using them repeatedly I end up accidentally pressing 3 keys at the same time, causing the issue.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I use the arrow keys to pan the camera and SHIFT key to queue commands.
  2. Suddenly, the camera starts to pan on it’s own.
  3. I stop it by mashing the arrow keys randomly.
  4. The issue stops.
  5. The issue happens again if I use either the SHIFT or CRTL keys for anything.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I could still use the SHIFT key to queue commands and the CTRL key to micro unit selection.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

The game recording shows (in the locked camera) that at some point, it starts to go wild.
Meanwhile, the enemy starts to wreck me :v

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

The recording of the game where this happened again.

I should mention that it doesn’t seem to keep going after I end a match.

Only lasts the one match, but ONE TIME, it happened every match, so I had to close and reopen the game, then it stopped.