The Napoleonic Wars. I want the campaign that Ensemble Studios could have developed

I know that it is something difficult to achieve and most likely it may never happen, but it would be the last campaign that I would demand for the game.

I want it to be as elaborate as the 3 campaigns the game has so far. It is one of the most relevant war conflicts in history, and I think the most important in the AOE-3 timeline, so it would be unfair if a campaign on this subject was never carried out.

I would like them to include cinematics, narration and everything that a good campaign should have.

For me it is the ideal way to finish off the single player game mode with a flourish. I also believe that a good market campaign would draw the attention of those who are interested in this theme of historical events.

24 Likes

I sometimes demand too much but alongside this a campaign about the thirty years war would be… fantastic to say the least. These two wars are the greatest in AoE3 timeline and I would love to experience them. :slight_smile: But if I could choose only one I would choose the Napoleonic wars like you did

4 Likes

Listen to microsoft please

1 Like

I don’t know how popular and viable it would be, but a Napoleonic Era would be a great subject for AoE spinoff game.
Fewer civs that can have more depth and features (and are more varied and refined than core AoE3 civs that came from the same euromold), focus on one continent that leaves less things to worry about and allows to create more complex terrains and interesting maps. Considering power of modern PC combat in the age of artillery could be really amazing. Dynamic weather, destruction of terrain, more realistic lightning, some passage of time etc.
It would be very focused on history and I wonder how well RTS like that could sell.

5 Likes

Of course, similar to the Fire campaign that covers 3 years (1812-1815), playing with Russia, Germans and British defeating Napoleon…that is, the Napoleonic wars have the same importance as the last phase of the hundred years’ war of aoe 2/aoe 4…

3 Likes

Of course, similar to the Fire campaign that covers 3 years (1629-1632), playing with Gustavus Adolphus defeating Wallenstein’s imperial troops… that is, the war of the 30 years have the same importance as the Crusades of aoe 2…

4 Likes

Of course, as happened with empire and napoleon total war…

Yeah, this would be fantastic!

2 Likes

We started in Europe as the epicenter of the game, just like AOE-3 started in America. As you say, it would be a good opportunity to refine the European civilizations making them more unique and diverse.

But in that hypothetical game of yours, could the game be expanded outside of Europe or would it just stay there? It could with a DLC touch on the theme of the discovery of America, very similar to how AOE-3 does.

Yes, they (developers) have decided that if they want to produce campaigns, they must first break through budget constraints and expensive value, use movies, voice actors, more new hero units, new home city cards, and voiceover production methods, so that they can see more battles worth looking forward to more European war

If we are going to be really cheeky, maybe we should ask for a 7 Years War (French and Indian War) Campaign too :wink:

It was fought all over the world, fits perfectly within AOE3de’s timeline (1756-1763), and involved a lot of the civs already in this game:

Britain, Hanover (minor civ), Prussia (Germany kinda),
Portugal, East India Company, British America, Brazil, Iroquois and Cherokee etc.

Verses…

France, Spain, Austria (Germany kinda), Saxony (minor civ), Russia, Sweden, Mughal Empire, and a lot of Native American factions etc.

It even features the AOE3de German Civ’s personality - Fredrick the Great - fight as commander of the Prussian army.

(It featured a lot of Native American civilisations particularly on the French side but I’m not sure the names of all of the factions off the top of my head - so please add to any major players I’ve missed out on)

3 Likes

In my opinion Seven Years War is most influential and better fit for AoE III as it concludes way more civs and lands present in the game.

2 Likes

I would like both. Why not?

A bit of a side note, but I’m noticing more and more how players from both aoe 3 and 4 are asking the devs for single player content. I hope they have been listening, and there are more scenarios and whole campaigns in the pipeline. Obviously, you would need to make them to have more replayability and incentives, co-op is a good start but you could even have some of them give rewards in the form of skins or customizations if you beat them in standrad, moderate and hard; and of course some of them being focused on one civ and have it explain the best way to use their strengths and mitigate their weakness, that way they have another purpose for new players.

There is a lot that can be done in the single player side, and I thing the age games are enriched and fulfilled when they start to become a sort of “gaming encyclopedia” of the age they are set in. Look at quantity and quality of the age 2 campaigns, having more added with every dlc release. Balancing this content with the multiplayer balance side, which is also very important, would benefit both games a lot.

I would very much enjoy playing a Napoleon campaign in my favourite game. You could even add on top historic maps or historical battle that could be played 1 v 3 multiplayer, with more triggers and linear progression that a map could give.

6 Likes

For that you put a Napoleonic dlc in AoE 3 and that’s it not?..

And the Ice campaign? you face against British allied with the French and then against the Russians in 1756…and then you have the historic battle of Fort Duquesne in 1754 … what AoE 3 would lack would be the seven years’ war but in Europe and India (Carnatic Wars) that leads to the supremacy of the EIC in the subcontinent…

Yes, I think more historical maps would be good… have greater replayability… I play them in singleplayer putting the civs as if they were the historical battles and they feel very good…

2 Likes