The new display instruction trigger change is basically a bug

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

With the last update, this thing was added. Now the display instruction trigger always makes the unit icon appear in the color white, unless the command is used before the text. This changes the color of the text as well though, and is hugely annoying, because it has basically broken my scenario.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a scenario, or even just play one
  2. Look at any case of the display instructions trigger
  3. Contrast this to how the unit had color before

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I don’t think the thing needed a change, but if it did, this was the wrong one. If you wanted to be able to have the icon appear in any color, you should have literally changed the dropdown to just select from all the different colors. That was basically what setting the player on a display instruction trigger did, it set the color for the unit. To prevent this screwing everything over, when you make a change, if you move to everything being set by a color, rather than a player, make it that all the triggers have their current color set to whatever the player color is for the player the trigger is meant to display as.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

This issue is now tracked, thank you for the report.