The new Imperium Romanum campaign

As i already said,i’m a big fan of the old aoe campaigns. As you already know the Roman Campaign was once divided into Pax Romana, Rise of Rome and Hail caesar campaign. However I noticed that in the new DE there will be only 2 roman campaigns, Rise of Rome and the new Imperium Romanum campaign.

What scenarios do you think this new campaign will/should be consisted of? Do you have any particular battle in classical roman history ( until 476 AD ) that you wish will be represented in the new campaign? Share your thoughts :smiley:

I feel like the Wars of Augustus (30BC-14AD) would be a nice timeline to include seeing as it brought about the first Roman Emperor. It was a time when the Roman Empire expanded and a time of almost constant wars for us to re-enact. Could be interesting!

How about the war with the Visigoths 436 AD? – Flavius Aetius again defeats the Visigoths, led by Theodoric.

According to the Forgotten Empires page these will be the Rise of Rome campaigns included in DE:

• Rise of Rome
  • Ave Caesar
  • Imperium Romanum
  • Enemies of Rome
  • First Punic War (demo campaign)

These seem like the exact same campaigns as was included in vanilla ror. The only difference is that ‘Pax Romana’ is renamed to ‘Imperium Romanum’. As far as I can remember this was a rename that was also done for Upatch. Why I could not tell you.

There are four Roman campaigns, named as follows in UPatch (the extras are mine)

I never understood why there is not a campaign of Amilcar Barca and Annibal’s Carthage, driving the carthaginian army with those elephants to Rome and conquering it. I know the conquest of Rome by carthaginians never happened, but would be very nice and epic to rewrite this chapter in history.

@the_choson_one said:
I never understood why there is not a campaign of Amilcar Barca and Annibal’s Carthage, driving the carthaginian army with those elephants to Rome and conquering it. I know the conquest of Rome by carthaginians never happened, but would be very nice and epic to rewrite this chapter in history.

Well, not an entire campaign but the first mission of Enemies of Rome covers Hannibals crossing of the alps into Roman land.