The next DLC should be about maritime powers

We already have Italians and Sicilians which is more than enough.

4 Likes

Maybe for you but there is room to add more.If there was only one Italians faction then it’s more than enough for all Italian Citi state’s.

2 Likes

So we need also Bavarians, Hanoverians, Brandenburgians in place of Teutons?
And Serbs, Croats, Sillesians, Sorbians, Polabians, Bosnians, White Ruthenians, Red Ruthenians, Moskau, Kiev and Novgorod in place of Slavs?

No, thanks. Italians are good representation of Northern Italy. And Sicilians were Norman invaders, crossed with Arabic invaders, culturally different.

4 Likes

Teutons HRE is already broken up with Italians burgundy and bohemians.Slavs now only represent Rus state’s as bohemians poles and bulgarians are there.

2 Likes

just missing vlachs.

Right now we have 4 civs for SEA (the region, not the building set) and we’re about to also get 4 for South Asia. I’m not necessarily against adding Italian civs, but I don’t think this peninsula deserve as much representation as those massive and extremely diverse areas so surely they would both get more love beforehand right?
Not mentioning the entire African continent.

1 Like

The next DLC should be about WORLD WAR and BATTLESHIPS and SPACE CONQUEST

3 Likes

quality should matter more than mass.

on africa i agree

1 Like

Well, doesn’t this argument also apply to people asking for 4 Italian civs? I’m not convinced a Papal States civ would really bring quality into the game.

6 Likes

Wouldn’t you have to resort to way more gimmicky things to differentiate Italians split even further, rather than what you could do with Africa?

Somehow I’m inclined to believe African civs would be more ‘quality’ than quantity through splitting needlessly every small duchy and kingdom in Europe.

3 Likes

Most of these Italian civs were small and none of them would add something that the current civ cant represent

At leaat the Kurds had an empire

2 Likes

So did venice and serbia.

4 Likes

The Serbian empire was a relatively modest kingdom, they arent really comparable to the Ayyubids, and also arent part of what we were talking about. Venice wasnt quite there on terms of power either, although they edge it out with the longer existance.

But we were talking about how the middle east could be represented to the level you people here ask for Italy

Saladin is a Kurd and automatically ayyubids becomes a Kurdish empire?

Yeah pretty much 11.

Its not that diferent from dividing Italy beetwen Milan and Genoa

This is low even for you.

2 Likes

Considering some of the nonsensical stuff you have said or supported in the past you saying “even low for you” is absolutely ridiculous

Also the entire dynasty comes from Saladin, so its pretty much a Kurdish dynasty, isnt it (its more or less the same as how the Timurids are represemted by Tatars)? Im not saying we need anything like that, but we dont need stuff like the Pope having a civ. And Venice would add nothing.

1 Like

When did dynasty’s become civilizations :person_facepalming:

When did city states/mere duchies become civilizations?

Kurds were a civilization.

Venice is a city state who saved Europe from Turks and sacked Constantinople.

2 Likes