The Problem of Nerfing or Buffing Civilizations in Timed Games and Timeless Games

The Problem of Nerfing or Buffing Civilizations in Timed Games and Timeless Games

Nerfing or buffing a civilization or unit has become a serious problem for both timed gamers and timeless gamers. For example, nerfing or buffing a unit is good for timed games but bad for timeless games. This situation should be avoided. Otherwise, players may not enjoy the game anymore. My suggestion is that this problem can be solved if the game’s developers separate all units and cards in civilizations into timed games and timeless games. For example, Aztec Eagle Runner Knight has a negative 0.75x multiplier against infantry for timed games, while Aztec Eagle Runner Knight has no negative multiplier against infantry for timeless games. Another example is Sweden’s villager population of 85 for timeless games, while Sweden has 99 villager for timed games. Examples like this could be multiplied. I would appreciate if you share your thoughts on this subject.

another option would be that some features are unlocked upon reaching imperial; the Swiss population will increase to 99 upon reaching imperial and the ERK’s imperial upgrade will change the bonus against infantry from 0.75 to 1.0.

I also wish that in treaty games, cards like wanderlust have a stacking limit.

This idea gets a hard no from me.

I’m assuming “timed” = treaty. Treaty games are the only reason Sweden has an 85 villager cap so that would not even change. That being said, I think Sweden should have a normal training limit but have their villagers trained more slowly.