The reasons why Korean Still sucks

Koreans are fine, cheap skirms, archs, spears, ships, what else do you want?, their tec tree has to be missing key upgrades otherwise they would be unstoppable given their siege.(wood bonus can’t be extended to siege, cause that is a slav bonus and portu)

I would never forgive FE team for removing the korean +1 range in onager line, that was their identity, they could have changed it to a civ bonus instead of a team bonus, they gave the extra range to khmer scorps but didn’t give it back to korean onagers =( feelsbadman

You literally corrected yourself… Overall siege discount is slav. Gold discount to siege is porto ergo there is room for wood discount as well… :smirk::smirk:

7 Likes

Man cheap siege with ww and free tower upgardes, what could go wrong into that death snowball?

1 Like

It is good for mangonels but straight up suicidal for Siege onagers

Perhaps make again shinkichon +2 range

1 Like

Portuguese have gold discount with siege included and have even stronger firepower at imperial age with that gunpowder units.

Without mentioning that they have the Boyar, and Boyar + siege is more powerful than War wagon+ siege onager.

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. Or that Korea actually has a slightly limited siege works.

But while we’re talking Korea. Why don’t they have hoardings?

They need a number of castles to train WW, but they miss one of the best techs for castles while being a defensive civ…

1 Like

Because they have free Tower upgrades and improved Tower Range, so they wanted to make sure Koreans would not just have the perfect defence, that could stall out games.

1 Like

But they wouldn’t have the perfect defense… Trebs and siege rams will still rek them, specifically because they lack blast furnace/usable cav, they are even more susceptible to siege rams than other archer civs…

1 Like

It would greatly help them stall out games, which would be the issue.

But other civs can do it better.? Ill have a look how many civs can throw hoardings and all building buffs

Something else to consider. Instead of cheaper siege, what about +1 PA to siege.

It encoruages even britons to then engage siege in melee atm briton arbs can snipe Korean onagers. With +1 PA it goes from 2 to only 1 dmg from arbs

Koreans need a Feudal-Castle age buff, their lategame is already strong enough - maybe reduce Shinkichon cost and make Elite Turtle cheaper.

They removed it because koreans onagers were able to out-range any castle without bracer.

1 Like

If Koreans still need a land buff, then I’d hope for extending the wood discount bonus to siege to make pikes/siege an attractive midgame alternative to archers/skirms.

4 Likes

We are discussing a lot about Koreans and I must say, they aren’t bad. Most player does not know how to play. Just yesterday I watched a 1300 elo stream and I could tell a lot what go wrong.

The high elo player do really know to play with Koreans therefore you can see on aoestat that they aren’t on bad state. That is the reason why it is so hard to balance Koreans.

Koreans have the strongest siege Onager with extra range, I think that’s the reason why the Dev does not want to give them wood discount. Use the advantage of your strong tower is quite hard. Tower rush at low elo games is quite easy to defend because they don’t know how to play and lose at the end because of lack of Eco.

So buff Koreans without making them too strong at high elo game could be complicated.

anyone below 1600 isn’t losing games due to balance no matter how bad their civ or how strong the other civ is. there is tons of different things they could do better. i say this as one of those people myself.

1 Like

Laughs repeatedly in celt… 40% extra hp and 25% higher rof out weighs +1 range any day of the week

sorry and built something like 10sec faster

2 Likes

Korean SO was the best when it had +1 range, right now ethiopian, mongols and ofc celtic onagers are way better.

Dr baghi i think you are confusing, only korean SO patch 1.0 had 8+4 range, after 1.c it was only 8+3 the average range of civs with bracer which are majority, so no, they weren’t able to outrange castles most of the times.

2 Likes

seems like koreans are yet another instance of knee jerk over nerfing without suitable compensation… they nerfed the towers, they massively nerfed the siege… 8+4 down to 8+2… they nerfed the war wagons (added cavalry archer class, heavily buffing skirms, not that they’re a great counter but still)