The Risorgimento revolutionaries should look like Redshirts, or something else

I’m glad the Italian Redshirts are finally being represented by an Industrial Age card, but there’s another way they could be in the game. The revolutionaries that the Italians gain via the “Risorgimento” unique church ability could become Redshirt infantry. This could be a cosmetic change only, or there could be some unique stat they gain. This would look better than the tricorne-wearing, 18th-century American colonial revolutionaries that the ability brings currently, as the Risorgimento took place in the mid-19th century. I understand that it wouldn’t be realistic for every playable civ to have different-looking revolutionaries, as nice as it would be, but the Romanians and Hungarians already have unique versions, and I believe the Italians could too.

3 Likes

I would just rework the tech altogether, since it’s not that good. Paying more than 2000 resources, for getting 15 revolutionaries is a bit overpriced.

And the effect of getting 1 revolutionary every vill that have died isn’t great either, since you want to avoid losing vills as much as you can. The tech in my opinion should be cheaper, or have an effect that give you a buffed stats.

All Italians church techs aren’t great… the carabinieri card is overpriced too for just a 10% effect, and the extra basilica card is good mostly because it’s a free vill, but it’s not worth a HC shipment slot…although those 2 at least have their use in treaty though compared to the risorgimento tech.

3 Likes

first i had the same opinion about the 10% buff for bersaglerie, but you have to keep in mind, that it stacks on age IV stats. So 10% for bersaglerie is more than 10% for regular skirms + automatically focusing units they counter is hard to meassure, but very good.

1 Like

bersaglerie has base age 2 stats, they just get shadowtech

1 Like

Ok, then i fully agree, 10% is to little

1 Like