The Spanish need a buff? (Poll)

Agree.

And more civs need this “rework” or new cards/units. Sure european civs + haud and lakota.

Especially Haud, Portugal, Dutch… need some new cards, decks are really statics.

Make viable the the card for the church that offers exclusive improvements for some civs. (Specially Sweden, EEUU and Germany)

New units for old civs sounds great…

8 Likes

it’s funny that by design spain running an aggressive ff should beat civ boomers like japan and brittish, that because of its specialty in cac units it should beat cav civ like lakota, and that with its spanish thirds it should be able to destroy shrines easily. .Haha. The only logical one would be India with an even more more strong cac and a more versatile and powerful age II.

Wait wasn’t there some post about Spanish needing a nerf?

1 Like

More than a buff or nerf, it needs to stop being so archaic and stereotyped. The Spain that discovered America should not be the same as that of the 18th - 19th century. Spain should be more like Mexico after the industrial age.

1 Like

well you can’t do that because that’s the design since 2005, they are supposed to role-play the discovery age, in a similar way how spanish in AOE 2 are more closer to the renaissence era than medieval era.

Since its design is this, if they don’t change it, they should enhance it, I don’t see that its archaic units have a great impact.

2 Likes

But they could give new units at least.

2 Likes

The arquebusier would be perfect, replacing the musketeer or skirmisher

4 Likes

My most immediate thought is to hope that the Logistician can put all the crates directly into the stock, including the coins provided by Spanish Gold.

Every time a shipment coming I have to stop settlers’ work and send them to take the crates. It is a little bit annoying.

Making the Spanish more 18th or 19th century is welcome, but I just do not sure how to do that.

2 Likes

Isnt it the case for age 1 shipments ? And for age 1 shipments only as a way to balance the logistician?

Pro often avoid the logistician and rather take the governor (tower, +200g) for this reason. If spanish gold under the logistician goes to stockpile instead of crates, I am afraid there would be no reason to age up with anything else but the logistician.

The alternative would be to always add spanish gold to the stockpile, but I think spanish do not need a buff. So I guess it is annoying, but we should deal with it.

Directly sending crates into the stockpile is convenient and I think it does not buff the economy too much since the resources the player can gain have no change.

Or personally, I would like to suggest that the Logistician add 150 food and 120 wood only (now 150 food 100 wood 75 gold) in exchange for directly sending crates into the stockpile.

Do you mean all crates to the stockpile ? also for age 2,3,4 ? Yeah this may be fine as you also decreased the additional resources sent.

Whenever remake my spanish decks, I always end up with so many age 1 cards (5+ cards) just because of the logistician politician (+ an infinite 300 resources card). I know it is not efficient, but everytime I cannot be helped…

Logistician only give extra resources in the age 1 resource crate cards.

But yes, I mean Logistician can make every crates be directly sent into the stockpile, in any age.

1 Like

I have an idea now.

Add a new tech named “Peninsular War” in the fortress age in the church card, and it will swap the train time of the archaic units and Musketeers but also make Musketeers -15% HP or other negative effect. This will encourage players to transition their strategy from archaic units to firearm units.

2 Likes

In fact I think that for age III the most appropriate would be the “Spanish succession war” as a name for a card or technology.
It could give you the option to choose the “Habsburg succession” or the “Bourbon succession”.
Each of them gives you a kind of unique benefit for modern Spanish units and as a price you lose one of the Royal Guard upgrades.

4 Likes

This could work just fine. I’d imagine they’ll have one more type of attack bonus to compensate and make them more versatile.

1 Like