The trigger condition "Object has Action" is bugged

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 61591
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The trigger condition “Object has Action” doesn’t work. It is clearly bugged, for I already utilized this condition before for leveling units up in scenarios, but which now doesn’t work.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Set a trigger condition “Object has Action”.
  2. Set its agent object and its secondary condition as, for example, “Attack” so that its effects are off under attacking of the agent unit. Don’t set its target unit. It’s for upgrading the agent unit in any battles.
  3. Set effects as you wish, such as modifying resources, change the agent’s attack.
  4. See if it works on test mode. The “Object has Action”'s effects don’t work.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The Object has Action condition should activate its effects.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I tested this with the “Attack” action in a simple scenario and it worked for me. Could you provide a scenario where it doesn’t work (with info about which trigger it is and what is supposed to do)? Or try testing it in a simple scenario too.

1 Like

Triggers and AI(4).aoe2scenario (10.3 KB)

Here is a simple scenario file for testing various trigger effects. You can find the name “Object Has Action” trigger down in the list. In the trigger, the food amount should consistently change +1 as long as the Camel Rider is in attack.

I didn’t set a target object of the Camel Rider, but it should work as well nonetheless. This is how I’ve made triggers for leveling up a unit, like the leveling of Jadwiga.

I see where the problem is. Object Has Action only works with Set Object (this has been the case since the beginning, you can only use it for units already existing in the scenario). You need to use Set Object for the unit and not use the other options - Object List, Object Type, Object Group. So in your scenario setting these to will make it work.

This issue is known and already tracked on our side.

1 Like

I see. I fixed the issue on that scenario, but still it is ongoing with my main scenario now I am making. Strangely enough, it doesn’t work at all even though I only adjusted “Set Object” and not any other options.

N13_Gwon_Yul_3.aoe2scenario (96.2 KB)

This is the scenario. In this, you can find “[S] Fight with heroes” and six other triggers from “Gwon Yul” to “EXP into morale”. I set the hero units each stack 1 morale (Variable 5) in attack, but it doesn’t work at all… Do you see what is wrong with this case? Thank you!