The Truth About Incas

Yes they probably need a rework. Ya I like the ideas you put forward above and in previous posts.

However imho I just don’t see that happening simply do to the amount of work it would require, its a lot easier to remove a feature and then rework the stats of 6 units then it would be to add additional units and take the bola riders from the natives the devs have enough on there plates with the rework for the other natives lak/had the new civ(s) coming out and what appears to be a steady rework and roll out of the European civs.

and I don’t think people say it enough, Thank you developers for all the work you’ve put in so far I remember when the de versions was only suppose to come out with better graphics, instead you guys have managed to give us a ton of new content and while yes there are bugs and imbalances at least you’ve shown you are willing to continue to support (with regular updates) this game when others have moved on to greener pastures.

2 Likes

I think the complaints are over blown a bit too. If you’ve seen my list of inca nerfs you’ll know every viable strat they had has been nerfed into the ground. The fort garrisoning can’t be removed because it’s their unique feature and is essential to their gameplay due to the fact all of their units are weak or lose cost effectively. Their only counter to artillery is huaraca so basically an abus gun, a decent mass of abus can snipe a falc sure but if the falcs are deployed and firing they’ll all get shots off before the huaraca are even in range, then they are likely accompanied with a mass of skirms that have the same range as huaracas and just shred them.
If fort garrisoning is removed it becomes useless, USA/Mexico can build/ship much better forts that beat 2 falcs even without garrisoning. Practically every civ can ship a fort too, that’s got 30% more hp than a stronghold, enough range to hit falcs and more damage and AOE.

I’d imagine that if we could see the stats inca have a below average win rate that’s why nerfs have stopped, and 1 or 2 great uses of the stronghold at the highest level isn’t a representation of how it goes in 99% of ladder games.
Petards and some cav deal with the fort then it’s game over, alternatively age 2 aggression or FF and catch the fort being built and get it down before the huaraca shipments arrive.
Brit sends siege archery and even longbowmen can safely siege the fort outside of it’s attack range, ethiopian mortar can destroy it easily, inca has no culvs how do huaracas stop a sebas mortar protected by gascenya with an abun healing it? Ship your own fort between your base and the stronghold, regular forts out range and kill huaracas.

There are many ways to deal with this FF.

1 Like

the fact that literally every aspect of inca has been nerfed and it is still cheesing tournament wins and making players crazy should tell you something. its not a unit stat or a crate start issue but an entire civilization built and designed badly

garrisoning military units has no place in aoe3. remove that and then we can talk about unit stats (which are admittedly pretty sad), but rn it doesn’t matter much when they never have to take a head on battle and let buildings do the work for them. Huaracas are awful design. macemen are useless. bolas got nerfed too hard. plumed spearmen are awesome. chimu were cheesy, now fairly ok, jungle bowmen overperform vs high rr units and kinda suck vs muskets

4 Likes

I don’t see them reworking the whole civ though, at the most they change a couple of units each patch. Now we’ve got spain rework coming up so they’ll be focusing on balancing that and then a new civ will release new problems to solve there.

The whole civ was designed on cheesing buildings and hit and run style, shipping chimu behind their base to your chasqui, killing a few vills then running back to the stronghold. Personally I do enjoy it though it has issues.
I doubt we’ll see any change to the stronghold or huaraca as only recently they nerfed basically all of incas age 3 shipments, so players will have to adjust to the strategy. It’s cheesy af but really not unbeatable at all and behind it they have no eco and no way to recover.

Too many features for a single civ from the beggining:

• Kanchas and trickles.
  • Garrisoning
  • Faster units/unsnare
  • Priestess and llamas
    And so on…
3 Likes

Devs are a stubborn bunch. Gl convincing them that they made a mistake

Nice recap of the Kynesie vs Kaiser match up in the UE Spring Cup and the mind sets of both players, great if you don’t have time for the full twitch stream or if you just want a more in depth look at the match ups.

Gotta support the AOE III youtubers we have remaining :joy: ty Lenlenlena
Kynesie v Kaiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNHKyMaR-vM

3 Likes

The design of Inca is failure indeed.
All you need to do is trying to spam 5+ cannons and enough anti-cav. If you managed this, you win; else you lose. There’s no way Inca can deal with 5+ cannons; there’s no way you can break stronghold huaraca combo without 5+ cannons. The game is way too stupid with Inca: no strategy, no unit counter, just between cannons and anti-cannons.

1 Like

I think the initial Inca is somehow fine once they removed the fast age up with shipment point on the scout.

2 war hut age up option is manageable and tp trade boom build is fine

Non snareable chimu runner is a problem but also managable.

Dont know why dev just keep adding gimmickly broken mechanic or unit into inca lol.

1 Like

They’ve messed with them so much that a lot of strats just aren’t as good now so all you can do is FF. Take away the FF strat by nerfing the stronghold or huaraca and inca is dead, even had schooners removed which was weird because aztec are better on water and still have schooners.

No offense intended but you tend to defend op civs. I remember when swedes were simply ridiculous you would say they were weak and not to adjust them.

I simply don’t trust your opinions.

As you don’t have to agree with mine

3 Likes

“It’s not totally absolutely unbeatable in 100% of the time so it is okay”
“It has its weakness so it is okay”

2 Likes

People did over exaggerate the swedes strength, svea was rightly nerfed but the eco nerfs they received seem to have gone a bit too far. They’re not useless but I rarely see swedes these days, nerfed so hard they’re no longer used. I don’t want to see the same with inca/hausa/ethiopia. It’s happened to port too, not long ago it was S tier, not it’s the worst in the game.

I just don’t like to see civs constantly being nerfed because the vocal minority often incorrectly call for these nerfs because they don’t like new civs or new mechanics and don’t want to adjust.

1 Like

no one plays swedes because they’re terribly boring. when its not free elo anymore, its just bland. i still see a few here and there mono-comping some caroleans

On the contrary, I see more higher level players play Sweden now because it is an average civ now. I see people experimenting with opening xbows and huss. I would say it is more interesting now that caroleans oonly spam is no more.