The Wild boar disappears once you villagers have killed it

Summary: Issue was reproduced on build fighting age4 5.0.23770.0 (PUP build on Steam, Windows 10) while using the Ottoman’s Villagers to hunt the boar. Played on map Oasis in a multiplayer custom game with a friend.

############## Rate:** 1/5 20% (Seen once)

Steps:

1. Boot client up
  2. Join a Custom Multiplayer Game
  3. Select Country
  4. Select Map
  5. Start Match
  6. Locate Boar on Map
  7. Use Villagers to hunt down the Boar and deal the killing blow.

Results: Boar disappears and grants no Food to Villagers. Still clickable on.

Expected: Boar does not disappear and grants Food to Villagers.

Notes:

• Remote player could observe the issue on their side.
  • Terrain was not elevated during my experience.

Attachment file added for further visibility.

Happened to me today (running PUP - never happened in previous versions) with identical symptoms. Killed a board on hilly terrain. It immediately vanished after dying. It was on the new marshes(?) map.

Ottomans, like the other Muslim civs, cannot take boar. That’s intended.

1 Like

Happened today again with malians after killing the boar with a group of 8 villagers and 7 donso. Boar when reach 0hp dissappear.

The obvious answer went completely over my head with the Ottomans. Thanks for that actually.

1 Like

Should it vanish from the map, though? Is that the behavior pre-PUP for all other islamic civs?

I’d say the carcass should remain there with full food. Seems like the logical approach.

Yes that’s been the behavior since the game first came out.

1 Like

If the carcass was to remain, then we’ll have to make sure that villagers of Islamic civilizations aren’t able to obtain the food from that carcass.

Right. That’d be the way I would do it. You can kill the boar if it’s attacking your vills, but they can’t gather food from it. It would remain for other civs, though. Killing it would also allow you to place a building where they are, if it’s blocking you.

I never really saw the disappearing behavior since I never even attempted to kill one intentionally with Delhi/Abbasid.

Corpses block building placement.

Something that can also be changed. A deer carcass blocking me from placing a landmark is bad design IMO.

Here you go, see it on the video. Played with Mali civ: https://youtu.be/jKvpacpuHAU

If you don’t see it, it is because it is prohibited, please modify it in another way so that the Muslim civilizations do not take the boar without disappearing it