This is now very mundane

Since the beta announcement at gamescon, this forum has been inundated with all the same old questions. “Is this win 10 exclusive” “is this on steam” “Will farms auto renew” “why can’t I use win 7” It is a bit boring reading the same old stuff wth all the same answers.

We have had nothing new to get our hands on and talk about since gamescon. All of us just waiting for a beta invite (200k of us) and not chatting about how good this will be.

I am sure I am like most people and check the forums every few hours of every waking day to see if there is something new revealed about the game.

Please could some one update all the fans on progress, a few videos, a bit of feed back.

My two cents
Thanks

Whoever disagreed? What are you disagreeing with. Do you have inside info that I don’t know about ?

You can see who disagrees with you by hovering over the disagree button. (In this case this random lurker who never says anything just disagrees with people some times including myself but never explains why).

I’m just going to avoid the forums mostly until release…there is nothing to talk about…it is the same 15 guys that go round and round in the same arguments.

Don’t worry things will pick up soon and we will build an awesome community.

@Raw1812 said:
You can see who disagrees with you by hovering over the disagree button. (In this case this random lurker who never says anything just disagrees with people some times including myself but never explains why).

I’m just going to avoid the forums mostly until release…there is nothing to talk about…it is the same 15 guys that go round and round in the same arguments.

I hope so mate. I can’t wait for this game. I am addicted to checking the forums. I want more now!!! Lol

Now there’s Age Up 2 :wink:

There was plenty of new information about Age of Empires: Definitive Edition and future titles announced at Gamescom below. If I’m missing something, please let me know.

Gamescom Trailer

New information from the Gamescom trailer (previously unrevealed):

• Enhanced pathfinding
  • Improved building destruction
  • New zoom levels
  • Expanded user interface
  • Release date: October 19, 2017
  • Closed beta started: August 22, 2017

Age of Empires at Gamescom Live Highlights

The History of Age of Empires

The Music of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Making Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

Yeah, maybe there isn’t any news on these fórums because the game still on closed beta, but I am sure that as soon as game launchs, there is going to be tons of post about “game improvements” by people that never played the original game, newbies to the franchise, haters, and mostly people that doesn’t read or use search bar and start new topics about the same old stuff :lol:

@rhrmn said:
There was plenty of new information about Age of Empires: Definitive Edition and future titles announced at Gamescom below. If I’m missing something, please let me know.

Gamescom Trailer
https://youtu.be/Q3rDhoWcVgQ

New information from the Gamescom trailer (previously unrevealed):

• Enhanced pathfinding
  • Improved building destruction
  • New zoom levels
  • Expanded user interface
  • Release date: October 19, 2017
  • Closed beta started: August 22, 2017

Age of Empires at Gamescom Live Highlights
https://youtu.be/iI_bFPIYfbY

The History of Age of Empires
https://youtu.be/N4AfZqb9pxY

The Music of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
https://youtu.be/jL7dx4FoBSE

Making Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
https://youtu.be/QJCc62ZClzg

Hence I said since gamescon ! There was a lot at the time and since then nothing. It’s ok if your in the beta you may have something to say :wink: but to all us noobs there is nothing

The problem is not the news or lack of it imho.

The problem is the community.

For example…if they dropped a new screenshot right now…what would happen? Me and maybe 2 other guys would be like ‘cool, looks great!’ and the other 12 guys on here would be like “Color’s wrong, UI crap, that unit’s inaccurate, this shadow is dumb” etc.

Too many arm-chair critics and google-search historians. I can’t blame the hardcore fans as their baby is being messed with…also, criticism of course has its place…but at the moment it is just post after post of saltiness.

But this will all change when the game is launched because we can start playing together and making memories, and have our inside jokes and stuff.

@Raw1812 said:

For example…if they dropped a new screenshot right now…what would happen? Me and maybe 2 other guys would be like ‘cool, looks great!’ and the other 12 guys on here would be like “Color’s wrong, UI crap, that unit’s inaccurate, this shadow is dumb” etc.

Too many arm-chair critics and google-search historians. I can’t blame the hardcore fans as their baby is being messed with…also, criticism of course has its place…but at the moment it is just post after post of saltiness.

But this will all change when the game is launched because we can start playing together and making memories, and have our inside jokes and stuff.

Sorry but many here we aren’t only google search experts or we complain for nothing.
Here can be artist, may be between us are real historian or developers from other games, but judging all as bunch of Internet guys these only want discuss like other Internet boards or forums.

You know who are in another side of screen.

@Augustusman said:

@Raw1812 said:

Sorry but many here we aren’t only google search experts or we complain for nothing.
Here can be artist, may be between us are real historian or developers from other games, but judging all as bunch of Internet guys these only want discuss like other Internet boards or forums.

You know who are in another side of screen.

Dude but you have to admit there is WAY too much complaining going on. There needs to be a balance. Here you come on and it is the same 4 topics always: Why WIN10? Why not steam? How do I get into Beta? I don’t like X or Y.

It is weird, I have been on MS Age of Empires forums for 7 years and it is usually very happy, positive and having real debate/criticism…not just complaining all the time. I really hope it changes once the game is launched.

@ScaryBoot said:

@rhrmn said:

Hence I said since gamescon ! There was a lot at the time and since then nothing. It’s ok if your in the beta you may have something to say :wink: but to all us noobs there is nothing

Be patient. It has only been 2 weeks since the announcements at Gamescom.

Indeed. But you can’t blame and just called them arm-chair critics or google historians.

I can blame those guys , they expecting another thing. Me before see trailer expecting few thing but I’m not disappointed, I’m happy with they do, isn’t perfect but still have litttle magic.

But you must understand there are another games in the market that superpass the inmersion of game. Like total war series.

Others expect AOE DE based in AoE2 settled in ancient era.
Other a new full remake with a new 3D engine.
Other only wants 4K and be even more primitive gameplay.

For me the game is arcade and is fine, can be fun play with it.

I gave up on the forums. This is the first time in like, 2 or 3 weeks. Nothing interesting shows up, no beta invites are going out (to my knowledge) and it’s all the same topics. I’ll just have to wait for launch day but my hype well and truly fizzled out at this point.

How about we all just go and have a big DM party

@rhrmn the op wasn’t complaining about there being no new information, just there being nothing new going on here on these forums.

I think the sense of frustration stems from people registering as insiders and coming to these forums expecting to be involved in some way and there being nothing following it up. This isn’t an unreasonable expectation given how the insider programme was ‘sold’.

I suggested weeks/months back that it wouldnt be unreasonable to share a new screenshot with the community here from time to time. I also suggested that forum members like Northpole could be elevated to community moderator and be given a few minutes access to a developer a week to ask questions and then relay to the community here. The second has happened with yourself being promoted (much deserved) but you are collating information released elsewhere not providing ‘insider information’. Why don’t they say ‘look we have a dedicated community member here, let him answer a few questions from the community on these forums without risk of breaking the NDA’?

Instead, we have content being generated for the community that is fairly irrelevant such as:-

Mixer streams of people playing AOK (who cares we are here for the DE).

Articles on how the pyramids were built etc (who cares we are here for the DE)

Fan Art
(who cares we are here for the DE)

Even the most basic questions such as ‘Has the Upatch been strictly adopted or are there any variations?’ have not been answered and there’s limited evidence to suggest that anyone from the development side is actively taking note of anything that is said here.

Basically, it looks like the team need to take a leaf out of Eugen Systems book, a much smaller team but much more engagement with the community on their official forums (have a look). Eugen with their Wargame series scratched my RTS ‘itch’ in the years where RTS releases were thin on the ground

I have confidence in the team to deliver a polished game, but I can also understand the frustration in the OP.

@ScaryBoot I live pretty close to you in Colchester, small world! How long have you been playing, did you have any zone nicks? I actually flew over to Germany to find out new information see my post
https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/1347/big-daddies-the-missing-beastie-and-where-to-find-them#latest

Cheers.

@“Mystic Taboo”

It is a small world. Only a few miles away. I played on the zone 2001 till close of play. My names were _Zx. Clans I was in Ster Keen Z_Gen just to name a few

@ScaryBoot said:
Since the beta announcement at gamescon, this forum has been inundated with all the same old questions. “Is this win 10 exclusive” “is this on steam” “Will farms auto renew” “why can’t I use win 7” It is a bit boring reading the same old stuff wth all the same answers.

We have had nothing new to get our hands on and talk about since gamescon. All of us just waiting for a beta invite (200k of us) and not chatting about how good this will be.

I am sure I am like most people and check the forums every few hours of every waking day to see if there is something new revealed about the game.

Please could some one update all the fans on progress, a few videos, a bit of feed back.

My two cents
Thanks

I have just about given up on this, brick, head, wall, banging come to mind, guess ill just wait for it to come out on steam, as much as I love AOE there are mountains of other awesome new games to get involved in!

Add me on steam " JTKnowles "

@ScaryBoot said:
Whoever disagreed? What are you disagreeing with. Do you have inside info that I don’t know about ?

@Raw1812 said:

Lol. finally some people who thinks the same xD …

To @ScaryBoot :I think i get what you said, maybe you (also me) felt the idea that M$ would be periodically sending updates about the game until the release of the game yet this is not true, i cant deny we have lots of information far by now, but we were without any news for very long time, and now, is true. Those who ask the same questions i think is because they also want more flow of information (not everyone who ask actually) but meh, i just come here periodically to see whats new but guess what, i didnt see something that i dont knew since the gamescom. something relevant at least…

@Raw1812 yeah… im aware of those who do that, and the most funny part is that one of them never comment anything, just hidding in the shadows disliking everything, im expecting him to be in this post very soon hahaha… and about the community, what i found true is about whom always will be against every detail in the game, they cant make everyone happy, some people has solid points to be against and some others not even close but here we go… Going to keep waiting, after the game release, the forum will be flood with Good comments, bad ones, some bugs to fix (this is common) , and lots of lots of question of where are the most common tools or options, will be good stuff :slight_smile:

There is plenty of information about the game. I agree with your point about a lot of saltiness going around because it’s a Windows 10 exclusive and not on Steam etc. The game is little over a month away, shouldn’t expect any new “reveals”, regardless.

Wait and get surprised once it comes out. It’s a better feeling. :smile: