This is real Korean War Wagon in Korean history

You are so nice and polite hahaha. Not always seen in these kind of forums.

4 Likes

Well, if you change the current Korean UU to Hwacha or to the historical war wagon where soldiers could hide inside and shoot out, then I guess the whole game has to change.

And thereā€™re many other non-historical units as well, such as Chu Ko Nu (the Chinese never really used them in military, it was more of a civilian weapon), the walking Teutonic Knight, the Viking Berserker with horned helmets, the scimitar-throwing Mameluke, and the list goes on.

The thing is these UU have been with us for more than 20 years, and people have already accustomed to them. A sudden change would likely result in a lot of criticism, and a significant drop of players. Historical accuracy should be considered, but playability is more important for a game.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! thatā€™s just my personal hope. I agree with you, and I know many other castle units are not accurate, and itā€™s not easy to be changed. Many Korean people are very sensitive to history, and I think Iā€™m one of them. Thanks for you opinion, any way. And I hope you enjoy the game.

in a abstract way this thing is in the game represented by their UT that gives onager +1 range direcrlty inspired by these rocket techs of korea.

I still prefer to have them to be in-game perhaps as special units for future Korean campaigns :smiley:

The game doesnā€™t aim to be historically accurate at all, just somewhat resembling of certain historical motifs.

So no, thereā€™s no reason to remake a civ just for that.

2 Likes