THOSE WHO SAY AOE 4 LIKE A MOBILE GAME SHOULD LOOK AT THE PHOTOS FIRST

Let’s look at these two perfect pictures first, I can’t see anything that can be criticized. :smiley: :sunglasses:

b0774503297d58c18b1eac9ef9a251ba35f4dfcb_2_690x340

Now let’s see what they compare the two pictures above.

I don’t see how Age of Empires 4 looks like a mobile game. PLEASE leave a comment after thinking it makes some sense :pray:

7 Likes

This Is the problem

6 Likes

Yes it does.

2 Likes

This first photo is NOT what we saw in the new GAMEPLAY trailer.

This is what we saw:

2 Likes

This is not the game. This is video with AoE IV assets. And that’s the problem. We saw in AoE IV preview that units are much bigger, thus for example archery range is as tall as archer.

2 Likes

You are really right about arrows but after so many comments I think they will fix the arrow problem

1 Like

I guess you are kidding
If you don’t see the big difference, I suggest you go to an eye doctor.

b0774503297d58c18b1eac9ef9a251ba35f4dfcb_2_690x340

7 Likes

The only drawback of the new gameplay instances is that the soldiers are too big for the buildings.

1 Like

I know this, I hope they see the criticism coming and change it.
But other parts of the game are pretty good, am I wrong?

2 Likes

I have mixed filling with AoE IV, but I hope everything go well. For now I like graphics in AoE I, II and III ( in III I don’t like animations ) more than IV.

1 Like

I didn’t cry on the bader aoe 3 de Version they even got rid of the peter the great flag.

I’m not gonna sit still on AOE 4 when they give us this shitshow of proportins. IDC on how high the Polygon count on a single entity is i’m annoyed when i again only have 200 units but thats a think i could life with if at least the maps where big enough and the proportions would fit but with ■■■■■■ proportions we’ve seen like now, we can be sure that the maps will be small af again aswell. frkn annoying every game only has a “few” amount of good maps wich is just sad. and i mean an Elephant as huge as those are in this game is ludacris beyond expectations. I get so much AOE Online feeling right now i could burn relic stuios down.

Guys, you must understand one big thing. There is a tension between “proprotions of units and buldings” and “clarity” of the game. You would have a realistic castle in your town? Ok, but good luck during figthing in city and looking for your soldiers. The game can seems ugly on deep zoom? But who play like this? On the other side if in this way the let the game work on old PC, i`m in.

This is what you get when things are to scale (it seems even the people here are bigger than they should be…):

(good game btw)

4 Likes

This never was a issue you can select units and make groups, you also don’t go “into” the castles. Your argument is invalid. i have maybe over all the diffrent rts games 10k+ hours i 100% can say that your argument is the absolute worst. every single game the ugly thing of “making it easier” made the game worse, killed the community in long term aswell. RTS games never are games wich are played by people who need games wich are “easy” its not the nature of the game itself imo. And even if its reason to make it appeal the masses its not like anno didn’t sell enough and they did a thousand times better job in every aspect.

1 Like

Actually, what I’m curious about is more than your comment, will you buy it when the game comes out??

Right, ANNO is a bit of a pain when you’re trying to find spies or witches, etc.
But we could have something in between… i mean look at the photo where the elephant is twice the size of a house… come on… no need to go that far

1 Like

you’re right if they see our criticism and change them the game will be totally perfect

I think it criticizes it is ill-founded since the type of game the units you control and the graphics are not comparable to cell phone games, if any the units are a little larger but this responds to that one of the coolest things is to see the attack animations of the units. personally I think it’s great and I can’t wait to play it

I noticed that too lol :joy: :joy: :joy: the arrows don’t look good and too large

The only difference in detail is that you can zoom out more in AoE4, the graphical fidelity is the same as a mobile game.