Thoughts on Haudenosaunee siege units

The thought of fast rams emitting their highly sexual and breathtakingly exciting grunts as they chase down skirms is appealing ngl

4 Likes

Spare a thought for a terrified Skirm, looking back as he runs as fast possible, glancing two Haud warriors trying to thrust essentially a tree trunk at him, accompanied by grunts of “ugh, ugh!”

1 Like

I agree. For me, Haud is the hardest civ for me to win with in the game. Whenever I try to use Haud, my elo drops by about 150. I think the problem is that their economy is TERRIBLE, or else I don’t know how to make it not terrible.

Also, I often try to use mantlets because they look cool, but they just arent good units for some reason. Tomahawks seem underwhelming as well. It would be nice to be able to use a tomahawk/mantlet combo and have it be effective at actually doing something. For example if the mantlet acted as a counter skirmisher unit with siege. Imagine if mantlets were as good as pandours except slower and with better siege damage. Its just a matter of adjusting the stats of mantlets so they are balanced and not too bad or too good. Right now it just seems that making mantlets = lose the game.

1 Like

I think some very intentional changes were made a long while ago because mantlets could get absolutely insane.

Back in the day they received stat buffs from; Conservative Tactics, Infantry attack, infantry Hitpoints, infantry combat, siege attack, siege Hitpoints, and siege combat.

That was on a 2 pop unit, until you sent the -1 siege pop card.

That’s an extra 70% attack/hp from cards which was an issue late game/in treaty where all those cards were basically must-takes for your other units. 1 pop with nearly 1k hp was crazy (I’m not counting the armor either).

—————————————————

Given that they’ve undergone a number of nerfs I think some buffs to Mantlets would be fine.

Light cannons must remain behind age 4. They’re easily in the top 3 artillery units in the game.

1 Like