To mod or not to mod?

Just a simple question: will there be modding in Age 4? Because some quirks could be solved this way, I guess (graphic complains anyone?)…

What do you think?

2 Likes

modding has to be must. Because that’s what kept the franchise alive at first place.

4 Likes

Modding is needed for old games, I’m not sure if it is relevant for the 2021 game

2 Likes

yeah there has to be at least a bit of modding compatibility in order for people to do new stuff without getting bored with what og aoe4 can provide

2 Likes

As a modder myself, I would say modding is very much in the spirit of AoE and I would hope the game is moddable. It greatly increases the longevity of games and generates a good deal of community interaction.

4 Likes

I don’t really agree on this with you. The game may be good, but there’s always room for improvement, and besides it gives developers insight on what users really want to see implemented in the game.

1 Like

It probably shouldn’t have modding support on release rather it should be added a couple years after release.

and why would that be the case?

Devs said there will be mod support in Age IV because they know it is an important part of the game

2 Likes

How would that be of any use?

I wonder if bigger studios, like Forgotten Empires, would do mods for Age 4 too.

I just think the game should stay as pure as possible before the modding teams come and make trees tiny.

2 Likes

Ok, I understand that, I hate these tiny trees too, or when they are all in a grid. But a user can decide to install a mod or not, right? The game can be kept clean if so desired.

4 Likes

Did you know people on this forum call out other forum members for not using the small trees mod?

No, I didn’t know that. Not right, not good.

2 Likes

AoE is a game that people should play to have fun not to raise their ELO rating.

1 Like

Agree. My point of view too. The game is too configured for competition. Everything is about saving a couple of miliseconds.

It seems if you play more than one hour you’re a complete sucker.

2 Likes

The late-game is the best part about AoE not the Feudal age which until DE was just a quick stop before advancing to Castle age.

I meant it with irony.

The way the game is played by many people seems to be that playing fast and furious in order to win is the whole rage, while I think that playing it by itself is what is most pleasurable. Long games with a lot of strategy and tactics…

2 Likes

It didn’t seem like that to me.