"Toggle Extended Tooltips" keeps getting disabled with each new patch, I'm pretty sure

a friend of mine has similar issue. since my mod requires extended tooltip and he has that enabled, it is still disabled for him. I was fairly certain language of game wouldn’t make a difference but he told me he and his friend (game in spanish) all have same issue, while rest of us in US, canada, europe even players from china dont have this problem.

honestly donno whats going on, did try to ask them to reinstall the game but it was too much effort so we didn’t dig further.

1 Like

Quite a strange issue. I’m in North America, so this region isn’t completely exempt from experiencing it :slight_smile:

Update: The latest build (Build #6421374 - Women of History Event) didn’t cause my Extended Tooltips to get disabled.

Will see if the next major patch disables it, though.

Haven’t fired up the game for a long while, but my good friend Extended Tooltips was off again when I did today :wink: (Using latest build/patch, which has the starry night event)

Yeah I get this issue as well every now and then, but to me it wasn’t tied to any last patches, I observed this bug since the launch of DE pretty much.

1 Like

Got any ideas on what it might be tied to? Early on with DE when I frequently played it, I felt there was a strong correlation with patches/events and the setting getting reset

I just had one of these recently, not happening as often as before but still happening.

1 Like

CLS
A check should be built into every patch/event release:
10. Pre-release check of Extended Tooltips option
20. Store value of option in memory or .TMP file before patch/event is applied
30. Apply patch/event uodate
40. Set Extended Tooltips option, accordingly:

• If memory/.TMP file says option was value “0” before patch/event, then set option to “0”
  • If memory/.TMP file says option was “1” before patch/event, then set option to “1”

50. Print "Success!";,;,,,;

60. goto 50

RUN

My good friend “Extended Tool Tips” got disabled by a patch again!

I’ve had to re-enable this option about 3 or 4 times the past couple of weeks. Twice just the past two days. And another time just a couple or few days before that.

As far as I know, no new patches have come out since the last time I posted, so something else is probably amiss.

I never realize it is disabled until I’m mid-match and I need to read about a specific tech. In multiplayer games, the game doesn’t pause when you go to menus to re-enable the option, so you lose valuable gameplay time to go re-enable it (unless you want to waste one of your precious few allotted pauses)

Is there a .per file or something I can edit to permanently enable it like what we’re able to do with AIs resigning, as StepS7578 noted here - AI too sensitive. They resign way too early. Please fix - #34 by StepS7578

I’m on Ver/Build# 101.102.33868.0 (#99404) 12936891

to help work around this issue when you are arleady in game. theres a hotkey for it

on classic iirc it is F1 and will enable it, it works for me and as for you u need to check which hotkey its assigned to or reassigned to

to go back to yoru original concern we had players experience similar problem as well myself included but it isn’t as frequent as you so I think something else is at play here, ie file corruption or files not being saved/changed. if those are the reason thats more to do with computer/permission etc

i’d start by deleting your profile and metadata folder and reset everything up, those are where its keeping your settings saved. and if setting up fresh profile/settings still not sticking, try checking folder permission as well.

1 Like

Thank you! I completely forgot about F1. That is definitely a handy workaround for now. Since the issue has persisted through a couple different hard drives and re-installations, I’ll chalk it up to something amiss with the game and/or its interactions with Win10/Win11. I install Steam and its games in typical libraries. Had it on D: drive (Win10) on old hard drive, but C: drive (Win11) on new