"Toggle Extended Tooltips" keeps getting disabled with each new patch, I'm pretty sure

Game Version:

• Latest build (34793)
  • Steam

Issue:

I’ve tried to have “Extended Tooltips” enabled ever since I got AoE2:DE, but instead I’ve had to re-enable it two or three times since I bought it. The latest occurrence was tonight after installing the latest patch. Either it’s coincidence that the patch did it tonight, my first match after getting the patch, or something else keeps disabling it.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Enable extended tooltips in an earlier build
  2. Install the new build and see (hopefully) that it’s disabled

Fortunately, I played a single-player game and noticed it happened before playing multiplayer. The issue actually negatively impacted me a week or two back when I played online multiplayer and the extended tooltips had gotten unknowingly turned off by the bug, so I didn’t exactly know which units I should build to counter enemy units. I re-enabled them after that game and played some matches since then and it remembered my choice. Then tonight after the patch, it was reverted.

No matter the cause, I really wish it would remember my choice forever so it doesn’t negatively impact my gameplay and online matches.

1 Like

I have the same problem

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (34793)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Extended Tooltips Options get disabled each new game. (SP or MP or Campaign won’t differ)

Reproduction Steps:

1. Not exactly sure what causes it
1 Like

I noticed yesterday there may be a hotkey for this toggle of “F1”… (for the HD hotkeys preset anyways. DE preset may be different but is likely the same).

I know for a fact that I never hit F1, so that potential cause can be ruled out for me. Are you able to say you also never hit F1 to accidentally turn the extended tooltips off

I’m very sure I never hit F1 like, ever

1 Like

I am sure, that F1 is supposed to toggle tooltips only in current game, not permanently through changing option value.

Not sure. Seems like that would be a preference it should remember globally, though. I think AoE2, historically, remembers forever your preference for displaying player scores in lower-right (F4), for example

Same issue, was resetting on each new campaign mission

1 Like

Yeah, for me, I think it reset again… even though I’ve not loaded a new patch :frowning: I think it might just be a problem with the game, in general. I was playing online MP last night, and when opponent started attacking me, I went to build units to defend, but the extended tooltips was off again! And I wasn’t positive I knew what would archery units would defend decently against infantry. Luckily, F1 worked. But, still… wasted time, when every second counts.

any help about that ?

1 Like

I think F1 is the hotkey

i tried that many times and i use default hotkeys… it did not help

No help yet; no word yet. Still, every patch, or just about every patch, it reverts to being disabled :-/