- Build: 101.101.40220.0 latest build
- Platform: Steam
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: thieftdp
GTX 1080, 9900K 8 core CPU, running on NVMe SSD 970 Pro at 900p resolution
Too much units with AP pathing causes lag, fix this and it will fix a chunk of lagging issue with multiplayer. (this isn’t only with latest build, we had originally tested this back in May as well, just haven’t reported, this new recording is with latest build and problem still persist)
Here’s how to reproduce the issue:
- Host a multiplayer game
- have 1 vs. 1 with a friend
- both sides create 200 units, all fight at same time
- watch it lag and start to lag less as units start to die.
Things we tried
Kipchak vs Champions, it starts to lag when engaging. we thought its because kipchak too many arrows but we tried others too. (which in itself also a problem, should not lag at all).
Champions vs. Champions, continue to lag upon clash so we determined its most likely AI pathing causing this. AI try to find places where it can go and all the units do so at same time cause lag, this also explains why walling on blackforest playing against AI creates massive lag
2nd recording (havent upload it yet)
- we test attack move and patrol with both aggressive and defensive stance, lag will happen. however if we use stand ground formation and patrol, there are no lag.
this suggests individual unit when patrol in a straight line, it has no lag. when there are path it tries to get to an enemy and can’t, and a lot of those at the same time will create massive lag.
recording of the game: