Tower attacked the mangonel instead of repairer villager

Hi there,

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD 101.101.62085.0 8752729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: I try to attack the villager with tower but I can’t. Here is the video: tower attacked mangonel-vils aoe2 DE bugs - YouTube

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

The freqency was so HUGE. It always happened once in 3-4 games.

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I clicked tower to attack villager
  2. but It won’t attack
  3. then Tower attacked mangonel

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

It was not about angles, In this game You will see that again with different angles too. Villager and mangonel were located at side by side, It still won’t attacked the villager. so, This is not about mangonel shielding for villager.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

first video:

here is second video with different angle(game time is 32 mins):

image:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

MP Replay v101.101.61591.0 @2022.05.12 130339 (4).aoe2record - Google Drive

MP Replay v101.101.62085.0 @2022.06.17 212524 (4).aoe2record (3.0 MB)

Thanks !

It thinks it’s actually that the mangonel is tanking the shot, and taking the damage instead of the vil.

In this game, It will do that again and again with different angles too. Vil and mangonel were located at side by side, It still won’t attacked the vil. (look at record game time:32:00 mins) The freqency was so HUGE too. It always happened once in 3-4 games. You can watch the record on my side with view lock option.

Ok, that’s a bug then if it’s behaving like that.

here is the second video: tower attacked mangonel-vil aoe2 DE bug w/ different angle v2 - YouTube

Hi there, attention ! It happened it again 3-4 hours ago. Please need to solution for it.

It’s been a known ‘feature’ for a very long time now. One of the reasons why towers aren’t that effective vs mangonels any more. ;p

This bug is still the same. I got it again today. I guess that frequency is %100 for this bug.

Guess it is feature

If It’s the specifiton of tower ability so pls add it to mangonel or villager information at tech tree If won’t add it so It’s bug then fix it. That’s it.

1 Like