Towers and castles may cease firing at eligible targets if a target enters melee with them

Game Version:

• Build: 35584
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

Static defenses without Murder Holes sometimes have difficulty acquiring new eligible targets if a current target enters melee range with them. When testing with a single knight entering melee, the tower often acquired the stranded knight as a new target. When testing with multiple knights entering melee, the tower rarely acquired the stranded knight as a new target.

Anecdotally, I have also noticed this fairly regularly while playing, but only recently decided to test it more rigorously to report it as a bug. So I do not think this is a rare occurrence.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create a custom scenario. Place a tower/castle owned by Player 1. Place several knights owned by Player 2 with no AI personality around the tower/castle, the farthest of which must be stranded; I used Gaia hay stacks to strand the knight. Give Player 1 a unit somewhere else so the scenario does not immediately end.

2. Test the scenario a few times until the problem occurs. It does not appear to be deterministic, so will not happen on every trial.

Alternatively, see the linked videos below. Note that I disabled all mods prior to recording these tests.

Tower test
Castle test

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Bug] Castles Without Murder Holes Will Sometimes Stop Attacking