If you’ve already researched a ranged attack upgrade at the Blacksmith, it’ll apply to already existing Lodya Attack Ships and to newly created ones from docks. However, other Rus ships that get transformed into Lodya Attack Ship after the upgrade has been researched won’t receive the bonus damage from the upgrade.
Steps to replicate:
- Create game starting in Feudal Age with Max resources on a water map.
- Build a Blacksmith and a Dock.
- Research ‘Steeled Arrow’ at the blacksmith.
- Create a Lodya Attack Ship and a Lodya Fishing Boat from the dock.
- Transform the fishing boat into a Lodya Attack Ship.
Expected Result: Both attack ships have 9 ranged damage (8+1)
Actual Result: The transformed attack ship only has 8 ranged damage while the other has the proper 9.
- This also affects upgrades researched at the docks like ‘Navigator Lookout’, ‘Armored Hull’, ‘Clinker Construction’ and ‘Cedar Hull’.
- If you get to Castle Age and research ‘Balanced Projectiles’, both attack ships will get the extra +2 damage (10 total). This isn’t the case for the two HP upgrades from the dock.