Trash Naval Unit?

I was wondering why there isn’t a naval unit that costs only food and wood so as to be mass produced in late game? How will it affect the balance?

1 Like

Like a dinghy maybe?

Hey, Italians can have a gondola. Then you can put a male villager and a female villager on it and take them for a ride through the tunnel of love. :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

What about “melee galleys”? Like the ones used for boarding in the mediterranean.
It would have no range, would have melee attack and melee armor, but small pierce armor. Could be very weak vs demos and galleons, and kinda meh vs fire galleys.
Perhaps it could be used to remove the focus from fire ships in the very early game - the first to train 2 fire galleys in feudal has uncontested naval control if the momentum is kept - if it gets a sort of bonus.
The weakness to demos could make then less of a meme unit.

No idea about stats, or price, tho. And i support no ramming btw, if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

What about some canoe units for raiding fisheries? We also have some nice editor graphics that can be used.

1 Like

don’t know if canoes makes a lot of sense considering the civs, but a reskin of then could work too

It’s not gold that you run out of in water maps, it’s wood. In that sense, there’s no sense in having a ship that doesn’t cost gold. Gold is never an issue.

1 Like

Ah, the balance god. And since boats can’t be made of anything other than wood - in the game context - we find ourselves in a tough spot for trash boats.

who said it has to be a ship?

i say we get doplhins and turtles and whales and giant squids… costing food and a wee bit of gold… and all do melee damage. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

My vote goes to training Sharks.

2 Likes

You guys want to mass produce shark/dolphin in late game???

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
[need to add some more characters]

Type “catzor” in game chat bar and press enter.

1 Like

Underwater swordsmen!

You could mass produce fishing boats/transport ships as meat shields for your warships, while conserving gold…

Ah, but there’s one in the scenario editor. It’s even called a “junk”

Release the Kraken! #AoMCrossover

2 Likes
1 Like

Let’s go hunt, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Let’s go hunt!

Or add the option like in AOE Online to be able to repair your fleet using a few of your fishing ships which would save you resources against replenishing.