Treaty game mode - plea for increase of number of length options ⏰ ⏱ ⏳

This thing has been on my mind for quite some time, but I always assumed it will make it’s way into the game in one of the post-launch patches or content updates - I’d really like to see treaty game mode options expanded.
The default ones small in number and quite weird:
3DE treaty

Like srsly, who is using 60 or 90min treaty option? I don’t think I’ve ever used them once outside of initial checking them/testing. What do you even do in 90 minutes? One could reinstall Windows and redownload this game within this timespan.

I would like to see options that match what’s available in 2DE:
2DE treaty1

2DE treaty2

If there some weird hardcoded limit to the number of options, I think majority of people that play this mode would be ok with removal of:
- 40 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 90 minutes
and replacing them with
- 5 minutes
- 15 minutes
- 25 minutes

It does seem like a very lightweight change when it comes to the work involved and I’d be very happy to see it in the upcoming update.

The fastest/balanced one is the 40min one, where every civ can reach imperial age, set defenses and have a proper eco to sustain the army. If you remove it you are destroying the treaty community.

Since 60min becoming an option it has turned very common too, in legacy it was reserved to orinoco map (40 + 15) as it was the easiest map to follow HM rule.

About 90min removing, yes is excesive.

5 Likes

this may be the funniest thing I’ve ever read on the forums

7 Likes

Ahh do you play treaty? That is the most common and best treaty length. 60 and 90 mins seems rather excessive I never have used them way to long but I do see 60 mins treaty a lot so someone is using it.

No, I don’t play treaty, that’s why I made a thread about it.
It should be rather obvious that use shorter options. This thread is not about the removal of any options, that’s just a personal side note at the end of it regarding used options and preferences when faced with engine limitations.

Well you said you think the majority of players so. Also 5 min is a useless treaty, 25 min and 35 min I don’t know if anyone would use but adding more options never hurts.

5 min treaty is any game without ottoman or aztec

2 Likes