These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.
- **GAME BUILD Version 101.102.18071.0 (#83607) 11179620
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10
DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In the scenario editor, the condition for ‘Objects in Area’ seems to be broken with at least the Sentry Towers. Building the Sentry Towers in the designated area does not meet the condition. I have tested this with the exact same parameters but with different buildings—like the watch tower—which meet the conditions as expected.
Example: starting the scenario off with the Sentry Towers already built in the designated area will fulfill the conditions, however building the towers after the game has started, with villagers will not. However, doing this with Watch Towers for example will fulfill the conditions.
How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- In the Scenario Editor, make a new trigger with a condition: Objects in Area.
- The parameters for the Objects in area conditions should be: buildings(object type), Sentry Tower(object list), Player 1(source player), tower(object group), building(object type).
- Create an effect that is easily recognizable(I used Declare Victory)
4.In the game, Build a Sentry tower in the area marked in the Objects in Area condition—this should activate the effect but does not.
What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The trigger’s effect should fire since the condition(s) have been met
ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.