Trolls filling "beginner servers"

I keep to vs AI games because of this. I want to enjoy the game, not have someone ruin it

I think the total new players at Aoe 2 DE must begin to play vs AI ( computer). And after they defeat the IA at Hardest diffficulty, at some maps, they may play competitively at game sites… Firstly, new players must learn how to defend. When they play vs Ai, they may play at SLOW speed and PAUSE the game and orders their villagers and military units…
Meanwhile they may play with some friends- 1 x 1, 2 x 2.
So, after that, the total New players will know some maps who are easy to defend- Black forest, Arena.
Next, these players may begin to play competitively at game sites- rated or unrated.
There, these players will usually lose first 10 games… When they reach 1100 points rating, usually they would defeat players with 1000 points and lose to players with 1200 points. When they reach 1200 points, they will defeat players with 1000-1100 points and usually will lose to players with 1300 points.

So, only at the beginning of competitive games, the players will lose most of the games. After that , they will defeat some players…
I do NOT know why, the site Voobly divide players, so they put average players with 1400 points to a new room as Total New players, where they only lose games…
It remind me of a problem of a Top player- MBL, two weeks ago. He usually was disconnected, dropped from the game at Aoe 2 DE. So he lost 1/3 of his games because of that.( The reason for disconnections was his bad computer/ Internet, and may be some bugs at DE)… So he thought to stop play Aoe 2 DE.
MBL lost only 1/3 ( 33%) of his games because of drops .
Imagine, if you lose all games, because somebody from the site- Voobly put you at a new room with only better players than you. And you, as an experienced player can NOT win any game… These players usually go to play at other sites, or other games.

Man I really love seeing people explaining others how they should and shouldn’t play the game instead of actually addressing the issue at hand.

If new players want to play MP games they should be allowed to do so without getting smurfed every single game. That’s not rocket science.

5 Likes

It happens sadly. Just wait till you find a fair match

Sensible post by a sensible man

3 Likes