TRYING TO UPDATE, UNISTALLED, NOW GET Code: 0x80073CF0

Hello Guys first sry about my bad English :stuck_out_tongue: i come from germany :slight_smile:

I have write with the German Microsoft Support… they told me (3 guys) they cant Help me… i can write my problems in the community forum, the technical support cant help me with this problem… wow… thanks MICROSOFT… ok… than i look in the logs and see its a problem with the server from microsoft store, where the app located for the download. i told the technical support but they nevermind my problem. so guys… Just wait… maybe in 3 Month we can Download and play ^^ maybe Forgotten Empires contact Microsoft…

3 Likes

For me it is downloading now. no error. they seem to have fixed it over night.

yeeeeesssss!!!

I had to cancel the download and Get Updates again for it to start downloading successfully.

Everyone, there is a new build update 14215 available now in the Microsoft Store for AoE:DE. No announcement yet that the publishing issue has been resolved, but worth a try.

Yes, it is working. First got an Xbox Game Bar update.

1 Like

It seems to be downloading, though extremely unstable and connection seems to be interrupting often. Will post here if I successfully manage to update + get in game.

1 Like

Yes it is working, just join the multi lobby with new version

1 Like

Took a while but able to enter the game and version reports 14215. Though I don’t see any lobbies online at this moment.

Edit: On first glance don’t see any changes to multi player lobbies and such.

1 Like

For me, Windows Store doesn’t offer any update and I’m still Build 5314 :frowning:

I updated the game, but when i execute show a message:

this application can not be opened
Visit the Windows Store for more information about Age of Empires: Definitive Edition.

Even not when you force the store to check for updates using the … icon in the upper right corner?

Hi, I’m from Mexico and I bought the game 5 days ago but I can not install it. I thought that the update would be fixed, but the error continues “0x80073CF0” False alarm xD is already downloading! Hurrah!

This is still expected behavior. You will have to wait a little bit longer.

Taken from this page:
https://support.xbox.com/ms-MY/xbox-live-status

Affected services: Buying downloadable items

Latest update:
The issues involving purchasing content is taking longer than anticipated to resolve. Thanks for standing by as the team works diligently to resolve these issues as soon as possible.

If it’s already queued in your MS store download list I would like to advise you to cancel the download there, reboot your machine, check for all other updates first (store and windows update) and then lookup AOE DE in the store and try to install it again.

1 Like

False alarm xD is already downloading! anyway, thanks for help

1 Like

It finally updated automatically on my PC too, but well… jump from 53xx to 14xxx oO I hope there is not only the chat bug fix, it would mean that they compiled the code 9000 times for only that, knowing that they changed a lot of things during the beta between build 3000 and 5000… I would want a changelog, I also saw no changes on color selection + classic mode in multiplayer, I’m wondering if they fixed the bug I had this summer on LAN games.

1 Like

Regarding version it’s from 5xxx to 14xxx and they follow the new Windows 10 versioning schema.

The full version number of AOE DE is 1.3.14215.2 and my Windows 10 Pro (non-targeted WU) 10.0.17134.254, and of course all store apps should be developed and able to run on non-targeted systems at minimum.

AMAZING it’s work :slightly_smiling_face:
Go SUPACHOWAR !!!

Closing this topic because the Microsoft Store publishing issue for AoE:DE has been resolved.

2 Likes